Don't overpack and laundry

We're first time cruisers and keep hearing the warnings about not overpacking. We'll be cruising to Alaska on the Celebrity Milleneum in September so we'll need bulky stuff and dressy outfits. Does anyone know if this ship has laundry services? Is that the way to tighten up on the luggage?

I would def use the laundry service since you're going to Alaska and will have bigger clothes. When going to warmer destinations, however, I don't find that clothes are the things that make my suitcase fuller; instead, I find that the add-ons like makeup, hair curlers, lighted mirror, shoes, etc take up the majority of room.

We are facing the airline restrictions, and decided there is a plus..we can budget the charge for the 2nd piece of luggage, pack light and spend what we would have spent on 2nd pc of luggage to get some of the laundry service. We leave next week and I've got my "light" cruise wardrobe laying out on the bed. I'm wearing same slacks twice with different tops. I'm taking same color scheme that will go with one pair of dress shoes for both formals and dressy casual night. Limiting shoes that never get worn. If I need an x-tra t-shirt...I'l do the laundry on one already worn OR..buy one in port.

Archived