Empty ship?

rmmm

I am booked on the Zuiderdam on June 27th and as of yesterday every category on the ship but the penthouse was open. There are only 7 people on the roll call for this sailing. Where is everybody? How does HAL fill up the ship? I think someone said (on another thread) that they will start contacting people who have sailed in the past that indicated an interest in last minute cruise bargains? Is this how it works?

I am booked on the Zuiderdam on June 27th and as of yesterday every category on the ship but the penthouse was open. There are only 7 people on the roll call for this sailing. Where is everybody? How does HAL fill up the ship? I think someone said (on another thread) that they will start contacting people who have sailed in the past that indicated an interest in last minute cruise bargains? Is this how it works?

This sounds just like our Westerdam roll call and we're leaving in 8 days! We had a similar situation on our Canary Islands cruise; Only about 20 people were on the roll call but the ship was almost full. I guess they don't know about CC..........

I think it's hard to tell from the internet. Our June 12th Eurodam cruise appeared to have quite a few open categories until about a week ago when they pulled them all from online booking and now require you to call for availability.

I have found on most of my cruises that only a few people ever join the roll call even though a few dominate it and even less show up at meet and greet. Just too many repeaters who have become jaded.

mmm,

It seems to me that there are often fewer people who post to HAL roll calls than to those on some of the other cruise lines.

DH and I have sailed on the Rotterdam and the Zuiderdam and found it easier to meet people onboard on those ships than on some of the other cruise lines because of some of the activities we participated in like "Name That Tune" and "Trivia". Both attracted a lot of repeat participants, and the friendly rivalry was fun way to get to know some of our fellow passengers.

We did a Med. cruise on the Zuiderdam last spring and loved the ship. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I think having fewer passengers onboard would be a nice plus.

Shae

Its unlikely that every category has cabins available. It is more likely that they are selling guarantees in some categories which are sold out. If you actually select a category and go through to select a cabin, it may likely say guarantee only. So if you bought you may get that category and they will upgrade a previous booker with more mariner days or you will be put into another category.

Archived