Does anyone decorate your door??

If you click on Host Mach's name it will show an e-mail link to him. Just e-mail him and he will send you a Cruise Critic sign that you can personalize. I thought he suggested that you put "Cruise Critic Sign" in the reference line.

Magnets don't work really well - but the wall next to the door is better for that. For door decord, poster putty (blue goo stuff) worked best for me - and it came off completely without any trouble.

Thanks Fungusgnat!

I always decorate. We usually go at Easter time so I put Easter bunnies on, or an Easter flag or something. It's always different.

This year we went in January.....so I went with a Hawaiin theme???? Our cruise critic group wore leis to recognize each other, so I carried the theme through to the door. We had two rooms. There are flowers along the time and grass skirt to walk through to enter the room......

100_1460.jpg.707a338d03efdcf12faafdbcdba6ebb2.jpg

I decorated the door with a simple sign using publisher on the Carnival Freedom and I'm headed out in two weeks on the Carnival Spirit. My best friend just asked me if I was decorating again this trip! After seeing this thread I realize I have lots to do to make the decorations even better! :)

1913420073_CopyofCarnivalFreedomApril18-252009350.jpg.28a175cb51a8d8864df1bb4b87988330.jpg

I always decorate the door. It makes it much easier to find you room whether you are sober or drinking. If you don't decorate your door then hang on to a receipt for something you bought as it will have room number on it. Learned this on a previous cruise when on sailaway day I could not remmebr my room numer, but new what floor I was on

It definetly helps you find your door when they all look the same walking down the hall. The ones Host Mach will send you are a little different than the ones that Laura has posted in the Roll Call threads.

I need to make one for our group cruise coming up. I have a flag I was was thinking about about bringing but not sure yet. It is one of the garden flags that has the world on it. I was thinking about puting the names of the cruises I had been on it. Or have everyone marking on it the areas they are traveling from on it.

My cruise last month was the first time we had ever decorated our door. It was the week of the winter olympics and we covered our door with US stuff. Everytime our steward saw us he would chant..USA..USA..USA. He was funny. Plan to do beachy stuff on the next one.

I always decorate the door. It makes it much easier to find you room whether you are sober or drinking. If you don't decorate your door then hang on to a receipt for something you bought as it will have room number on it. Learned this on a previous cruise when on sail away day I could not remember my room number, but knew what floor I was on

I spent the entire 7 days trying to "guess" which way to turn once I got off the elevator - fore/aft, port/starboard. My internal compass was just as wonko at the end of the week as it was on Day 1!!!:eek::eek: While I had the door decorated, it was a challenge to get close enough for that to even matter!

Finally....I found the coolest gel stickers at Hobby Lobby but on the label it said can only use on windows. Walls, wood, etc stickers could leave a stain. Did yours say the same thing?

My stickers said window clings but didn't say anything about staining the walls (either that or I didn't read the whole package:p). After we took them off the doors looked like they did when we boarded so we didn't have any problems. I can see how the colors in the stickers could stain white walls though but the doors should be fine.

My stickers said window clings but didn't say anything about staining the walls (either that or I didn't read the whole package:p). After we took them off the doors looked like they did when we boarded so we didn't have any problems. I can see how the colors in the stickers could stain white walls though but the doors should be fine.

Good to know. I got some of those gel window clings. I'll just change them daily. or I am sure other people passing by will as well :rolleyes:

Good to know. I got some of those gel window clings. I'll just change them daily. or I am sure other people passing by will as well :rolleyes:

Lol yeah they will be changed by other people. Our Crab was relocated at least once a day:rolleyes:

If you do not mind me asking where are you all finding the window clings?

I have looked at Hobby Lobby & Micheals with no luck. Where in Hobby Lobby?

thanks

Dollar Tree has them right now at our mall I bought several packs just yesterday. Has fish, palm trees, crabs..

The also have hawaiian themed stuff you could use.

I haven't ever noticed a decorated door before....sounds like fun! I might have to find some Bama stuff to decorate it...since we are the National Champs ;) And it is out of NO...haha, might get some angry LSU Fans...

:mad:

;)

We are using a 'Congrats Grad' door banner for our son's cabin door (college graduation trip) and for our door (and the others in our group) we are putting up those triangle pennants and will identify the parents, grandparents, etc. I also made goodie bags with Purdue branded items, water bottle, string back back, koozie, etc.

Archived