Puerto Vallarta excursions?

homeinca

Welcome to CC.

I can't believe nobody has responded to this question. This is not typical but others may have decided that you could search the board for your answer. Cumbersome but possible.

You might look here http://www.puertovallartatours.net/ as a start. I have used them several times and have always been satisfied. If the family is adventurous, definitely consider the Los Veranos Canopy Tour. Great fun.

Thanks for your response! We decided to do the Los Veranos Canopy tour! It scares the heck out of me, but I'm going for it! My husband and 12 year old will love it!! Probably my 10 year old too.

We've done Canopy tours in Costa Rica and Puerto Vallarte. Both seem scary but the guides are great and will take good care of you. In PV. you start out on a short confidence builder zip before doing the long runs. The tour is a little tiring as you have to carry your cable hookups with you as you hike up the trail. If the 10 year old has trouble, ask the guide for help.

And don't forget to look down as you cross the river. Absolutely wonderful views. The restaurant at the end of the tour has pretty good food and great margaritas. ;) The boys may also enjoy swimming in the pools created by the river as it flows along. The pools are not in the main river flow and appear to be safe. Can't say for sure as the last time we were there, the water was too cold for our old bones. :D

Enjoy.

Archived