Six Mini Meals Per Day

beckers

Does anyone eat six mini-meals per day? I just started doing this this a couple days ago and I really like it. I got the idea from the weight trainer on Extreme Makeover who told a women who had surgery who couldn't workout that weightloss was 80% diet and she was going to eat six mini meals a day. This increases your metabolism to burn calories.

Of course these people always lose weight on this show and look great.

The idea is to eat small meals every 2 - 3 hrs. I eat at 8, 10, 12, 2, 4 and 6. Here are the things I eat. I choose just one of the items at each meal except dinner I will have a protein and a salad.

cottage cheese

grapes

string cheese

graham crackers with p/nut butter

celerey w/pnut butter

tuna

apple

peanuts

98% fat free turkey

98% fat free ham

carrots and radishes

clementines

tomatoe soup

jello with cool whip

popcorn

Anybody have any ideas mini meals? I really look forward to eating these and it seems like I am eating all the time. I have already lost 2 lbs.

I've been doing Weight Watchers for 7 months and have lost 30 pounds so far but after getting too comfortable i've been kind of lazy. I kind of follow something like that, my problem is that i work nights so my schedule is a little messed up. I wake up at 1pm and go to bed around 5 or 6am so i am awake for so many hours that i eat all day. At times i have smaller meals but i snack on things that are low in points, like all kinds of veggies are 0 points so i can eat them all day if i want, you can have all fruits for 1-2 points mostly 1 point, salads is 0 points, i like making myself a nice egg beaters sandwich with light wheat bread for 2 points, Mott's applesauce that comes in little containers all different kinds (1) and love my fat free vanilla/tapioca pudding with ff cool whip for 2 points, ff sf vanilla or chocolate pudding (1), sometimes i buy the smart ones especially the lasagna and the personal pizza so i don't go out and eat them somewhere else where they are more fattening. I started working out again so that helps plus LOTS OF WATER!! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

To maintain my weight, I am supposed to be able to eat approx. 2100 calories a day. That means that I can eat 6 mini meals a day that are 350 calories or less. I try to watch my fat intake, but other wise can eat pretty much anything in moderation. I read alot about dieting, and have come to realize that, for me, this works best. Always got the metabolism going. By the time you digest one meal, your ready for the next.

Is funny but my dh told our friends "I don't know how she loses weight? she is always hungry" "She eats and in a couple of hours she is ready to eat again". I've told him that the more i eat the more i want, even if they are low point snacks or whatever and that gets me through my long nights at work. :)

Archived