FatFish Wave Runner & Stingray Mom, DH, DS

suzyq213

We've got a day to do the Grand Cayman stuff so I want to do it the best that I can. Me, Hubby and 16 yr old son are doing this and I want these two guys to really enjoy themselves (I'll like it no matter what). So I was thinking to do the wave runner/stingray and snorkel trip and wanted to know from real people how good it is. Trip Advisor rates it #1 in Grand Cayman.

Any opinions are welcome:) Thanks.

We're booked for this very excursion with them in July. You'll read lots of good stuff about them on this board. If you do a search in the Grand Cayman thread you'll find some good ones. I don't know to post a thread or I would.

There are quite a few reports on trip advisor. Most everyone raves about them. Read some of the comments from there. I believe out of the 99 ratings at least 96 give them 5 stars.

have fun!

We did this tour during our May 10th sailing on the Legend......Awesome experience, you can not go wrong with Fat Fish, like the previous poster said, just do a search on this board you will find plent of reviews opinions and trip advisor obviously.

Just dropped my underwater camera off at costco to be developed from this excursion and cant wait. Top notch service and great value for the money. You can't go wrong.

We did the jet ski to Stingray City & Snorkel with Fat Fish last week and had an awesome time. Peter took us out himself. Small group of 4 skis (2 people on each) and Peter in his mini-boat. He was leaving last Thursday for vacation at the Jersey Shore. Hope he won the fishing contest!!

We did the jet ski to Stingray City & Snorkel with Fat Fish last week and had an awesome time. Peter took us out himself. Small group of 4 skis (2 people on each) and Peter in his mini-boat. He was leaving last Thursday for vacation at the Jersey Shore. Hope he won the fishing contest!!

Thanks for the review. I can't wait for ours next month! :D

• 3 weeks later...

We just got home from the Conquest yesterday. We were in Cayman on Thursday of last week, and we booked a tour with Fatfish for waverunners to the stingray site.

I can't say enough good things about Peter and this excursion. We had the best time ever. My husband and I shared one waverunner and our two 18 year old girls were on the other. It was just us and Peter, so we were able to go at our own pace (which was pretty speedy!)

The stingrays are incredible to see and Peter is such a master with them. It's obvious that he loves them and they return the feeling. After we finished off feeding them our supply of squid, we left and went snorkeling in a beautiful coral reef area.

Peter knew we were having a ball on the waverunners, so he let us play around on them as much as we wanted to. When our time was up, he dropped us back at the Hard Rock Cafe.

This tour was worth every penny we paid. Everyone agreed it was our favorite day of the cruise. I would love to go back to Grand Cayman and stay there several days- the few hours the ship is in port is just not enough time to enjoy this beautiful island.

Call Peter at Fatfish- you won't be disappointed! :D

We just got home from the Conquest yesterday. We were in Cayman on Thursday of last week, and we booked a tour with Fatfish for waverunners to the stingray site.

I can't say enough good things about Peter and this excursion. We had the best time ever. My husband and I shared one waverunner and our two 18 year old girls were on the other. It was just us and Peter, so we were able to go at our own pace (which was pretty speedy!)

The stingrays are incredible to see and Peter is such a master with them. It's obvious that he loves them and they return the feeling. After we finished off feeding them our supply of squid, we left and went snorkeling in a beautiful coral reef area.

Peter knew we were having a ball on the waverunners, so he let us play around on them as much as we wanted to. When our time was up, he dropped us back at the Hard Rock Cafe.

This tour was worth every penny we paid. Everyone agreed it was our favorite day of the cruise. I would love to go back to Grand Cayman and stay there several days- the few hours the ship is in port is just not enough time to enjoy this beautiful island.

Call Peter at Fatfish- you won't be disappointed! :D

Thanks for the review. We are booked with Peter in September and can't wait. We have read nothing but great reviews. How long did your excursion last?

Thanks for the review. We are booked with Peter in September and can't wait. We have read nothing but great reviews. How long did your excursion last?

I think we were just over 3 hours. It flew by! If we ever make it to Cayman again, we'll book with Peter for a whole day if we can.

You will absolutely love this! He is the best.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Bring your own equipment as you can store it on the boat that you follow. Peter or Ian will drive the boat and you follow in the jetski's. I would suggest just bringing your mask and snorkel and store those in the dry box on the Jet Ski. Easy access to it when you get out to Sting ray City helps you to see the rays underwater if you want. When you get out to the Snorkel Reef just borrow a pair of fins that they have on the boat. That way when you're done with the tour it's easier to carry around your snorkel/mask in your backpack around town without hauling your fins around. I didn't want to use other snorkel/masks, although I trust they are washed, I didn't want to get sick and ruin my vacation.

Storage on the ski is limited. In the front is a storage box which is about 12" deep and 4"x5" square. There is a smaller storage box between the gauges and the driver seat where your valuables should be kept. We just put our camera and water in the box by the driver and our snorkle/mask in the forward storage box. We had a backpack we just put on the boat. Very safe and never felt uncomfortable.

This is the best excursion we have ever been on......You will LOVE IT!

Bring your own equipment as you can store it on the boat that you follow. Peter or Ian will drive the boat and you follow in the jetski's. I would suggest just bringing your mask and snorkel and store those in the dry box on the Jet Ski. Easy access to it when you get out to Sting ray City helps you to see the rays underwater if you want. When you get out to the Snorkel Reef just borrow a pair of fins that they have on the boat. That way when you're done with the tour it's easier to carry around your snorkel/mask in your backpack around town without hauling your fins around. I didn't want to use other snorkel/masks, although I trust they are washed, I didn't want to get sick and ruin my vacation.

Storage on the ski is limited. In the front is a storage box which is about 12" deep and 4"x5" square. There is a smaller storage box between the gauges and the driver seat where your valuables should be kept. We just put our camera and water in the box by the driver and our snorkle/mask in the forward storage box. We had a backpack we just put on the boat. Very safe and never felt uncomfortable.

This is the best excursion we have ever been on......You will LOVE IT!

Thanks so much for the info. We are really looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done this with a different company? Fat fish seems to be quite a bit more expensive then others. $125 when others are $95. Are they that much better?

We've done the stingray trip with Captain Marvins but not jet skis. Captain Marvins was fine.

We returned from our trip about a week ago. we were really pleased with Fat Fish Adventures and thought they were well worth the extra money. The time on the jetskis alone was worth the extra money. I think you travel out at least 7 miles one way and the seadoos are VERY fast.

Archived