Lunch in Hamilton & "Scenic West End & Shouth Shore" Tour

Patty1stTimer

My husband and I (mid-20s)have never cruised before, and never have been to Bermuda. We are cruising the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda at the end of the month. I am trying to put together a basic plan of things to do each of our 3 days in Bermuda.

For one of the days, we decided to book one tour through the cruise line, the "Scenic West End & South Shore Highlights" tour. The tour will end in Hamilton around 1 pm. Any tips on where to get lunch in Hamilton, and what is a MUST see in Hamilton while we are there? Has anyone here ever taken this tour before?

My husband and I (mid-20s)have never cruised before, and never have been to Bermuda. We are cruising the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda at the end of the month. I am trying to put together a basic plan of things to do each of our 3 days in Bermuda.

If it were my first time in Bermuda I'd want to see St. George's, Hamilton and the Royal Navy Dockyard. St. George's and the Royal Navy Dockyard are at opposite ends, Hamilton is in the middle. Take the ferry one ride between the Dockyard and St. George's. For the return trip take one of the local buses.

I'd want to see Horseshoe Bay Beach, maybe Elbow Beach and Tobacco Bay Beach too. There are many fine beaches in Bermuda.

And I'd want to have a meal and drink at the original Swizzle Inn.

This October, we plan to check out the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton for lunch.

It's said to be Hamilton's oldest pub and the location that inspired the original "Cheers" bar in Boston. The lunch menu ($$) is about what you'd pay in the Center City. Sandwiches/burgers run about 15-bucks. :cool:

Congrats on booking your first cruise! You're going to love it. The days are numbered for cruising to Bermuda out of Philly. You might want to hold a week in October open for NCL's Majesty as there will likely be some great deals.

This October, we plan to check out the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton for lunch.

It's said to be Hamilton's oldest pub and the location that inspired the original "Cheers" bar in Boston. The lunch menu ($$) is about what you'd pay in the Center City. Sandwiches/burgers run about 15-bucks. :cool:

One "tradition" when dining at the Hog Penny Pub is to have Bermuda fish chowder. When served they'll ask if you want a shot of hot sherry sauce and/or Gosling rum in the chowder. And you do -- it makes the fish chowder very good!

One "tradition" when dining at the Hog Penny Pub is to have Bermuda fish chowder. When served they'll ask if you want a shot of hot sherry sauce and/or Gosling rum in the chowder. And you do -- it makes the fish chowder very good!

Sounds good! Thanks for the tip, Paul. :)

Archived