2009 Zaandam - Alaska Daily Programs

FloridaAdGuy

Thanks. I've read alot of great stuff about the market and we will definately give that a try. We have a day pre cruise and a day post cruise so we are looking forward to experiencing seattle.

Is it a long walk from the hotel to the market? A few in our group walk regularly, but one has some knee issues and I understand seattle is quite hilly.

You're right, Seattle is quite hilly as you move up from the water. It's fairly easy for us knee impaired folks to go from the Market to Pioneer Square, but much more difficult for us to go from the Market to the shopping malls. There's a nice pedestrian walk way about a block from the Hotel Alexis [near Pioneer Square] that goes directly to the ferry terminal without knee pain if your friend wants to go up and down that way. Walking along the bay is flat and very nice.

How did you get such a great rate on the cruise? Thanks!

Went through one of the websites that agents compete for your cruise...you tell them what you want (date, ship, room type) and they provide the best price. We ended up with a United Kingdom-based agency that blew everyone out of the water (pun intended) since the pound to dollar was so favorable. It worked out really well.

Thanks. I've read alot of great stuff about the market and we will definately give that a try. We have a day pre cruise and a day post cruise so we are looking forward to experiencing seattle.

Is it a long walk from the hotel to the market? A few in our group walk regularly, but one has some knee issues and I understand seattle is quite hilly.

The walk from the hotel to the market is a straight shot with a slight decline. Of course, that makes heading back a bit of a hike (especially if you're loaded with packages...we bought 16 bottles of wine!). :eek: The good news is there are plenty of benches to rest along the way and the bus that runs up Pike is free during the day.

Do make sure you get to the market (preferably in the morning) and definitely grab a bouquet of flowers for $10 to bring with you on the ship (yes...you're allowed) for your cabin.

Thanks FloridaAD Guy. Would you be able to send me the name of the UK travel agent? My email is fuallison (at) yahoo.com

I have used that site before where cruise agents compete to get a quote, but so far the pricing is very similar.

thanks!

Thanks FloridaAD Guy. Would you be able to send me the name of the UK travel agent? My email is fuallison (at) yahoo.com

I have used that site before where cruise agents compete to get a quote, but so far the pricing is very similar.

thanks!

Not a problem...the email is on it's way. In case anyone else wants the information, just post your email address and I will send it to you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for posting the daily programs. It makes me even more impatient to go (Jan 2010).

On day 2, there's a game listed: Brain Teaser: The Sound of the Word -- can some explian it to me? I've never heard of it -- sounds intriguing.

Thanks for the daily listings..much appreciated...and love your company name ..very creative...

this July 31st will be our first cruise so it was great to see the options of actiivites...they sound great..but your review didnt sound so good...hope we have fun anyway... Kate

• 1 month later...

Archived