Brilliance of the Seas 4/29/05 ROLL CALL

michael44

Hi Everyone

No, you are not seeing double viz-a-viz the 10/31/05 Mercury Mexico. And we are just trying to rub it in to MattinFLL, our dear friend who loves to cruise vicariously these days..

While we have not finalized this cruise yet, we have a cabin hold and FF air reservations that will enable us to finalize our booking by Dec 19

We are Michael and Dick from Cincinnati looking for any others who might be on this Transatlantic cruise.

So, if there's anyone in this G&L forum who is booked for 4/29 Brilliance Transatlantic , or who is considering this cruise, be sure to holler back here.

Hope to find some family on this cruise.

Hi ...

I'm Cruising Dick and I will be on the Brilliance 4/29/05 with Michael. We hope to meet and make new gay friends on that cruise. Also, anyone who has been on that ship that has some ensights regarding the Brilliance ... please drop me a line.

We love cruises ... will be on the Mercury next October ... and we ALWAYS look forward to meeting new people. So ... hope to hear from fellow Gay travelers and Brilliance companions!

I would also like to know more about the ship and other gay experiences aboard!!!!!!

DICK:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on this ship twice, most recently on the November trans-atlantic. It is a great ship. The to-do list should include the steam and sauna. It is a large area with perfectly posiitoned showers. Tea time is a great time.

I also will be on the Brilliance for the transaltantic on 4/29/05.

I will be traveling with my good freind John. I have made 25 transaltantic crossing, and have always loved them. We to hope to make some new gay friends on the crossing. We are from Houston TX. Looking forward to meeting al of you.

Roberto

I also will be on the Brilliance for the transaltantic on 4/29/05.

I will be traveling with my good freind John. I have made 25 transaltantic crossing, and have always loved them. We to hope to make some new gay friends on the crossing. We are from Houston TX. Looking forward to meeting al of you.

Roberto

It was great to see a NEW response regarding the cruise on the Brilliance! We (Michael and I) also have another friend Bob ... who will also be going on the cruise. We love the ships ... the pool ... everything. I'm looking forward to meeting you and John!

Hi :)

This will be my first trans-Atlantic crossing and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the weather ... temps would be? I like to spend ALOT of time around the pool and have no idea what to expect temerature wise with days at sea.

So ... any info would be appreicated! I would think that since our ports are in Spain ... the weather would be great and warm ...

I'm looking forward to meeting alot of you on the cruise and if anyone has insights about the total ship ... please fill me in.

My friend Dick has mentioned that you and your friend are booked on this cruise. Glad to have you join us. There is also a group of CC'ers at "Brilliance transatlantic" on the Roll Call Board for RCCL. You might check them out as well.

In regard to the weather for days at sea, do you think it will be warm enough to be sunning around the pool? We love getting sun and the pool deck but are aware that the temps may be marginal. Have you been on the Brilliance, and if so, is there a pool with a retracting roof as well?

If you want, you can respond to my email : lostindogpatch@yahoo.com

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

• Still looking forward to going on this cruise. I have a (7day) cruise in Feb, and in March so I am looking forward to the longer curise in April.

See you in April.

:) Roberto and John ... I'm looking forward to a long and warm cruise in April too! It will be great to meet you and share some relaxing time around the pool! My email is: Heritageexhibitions@hotmail.com ... if you would like to contact me!

CRUISING DICK;)

CRUISING DICK: It will be good to meet you too, we should have good and warm weather, if this cruise is anything like the transatlaitic I have done in the passed. Normaly when we do a crossing in the south atlantic its good weather. So as you said I am looking forward to that warm wether and time around the pool.

Robertoward

Hi Robert and John ...

I do hope your right about the weather ... Michael seems to think that it may be cool but I know we will be at the pool early each day and get a great position around the pool.

I hope that the ship has a great Sauna and steam room. I usually end up there after being around the pool all day and try to unwind before heading back to the cabin and getting ready for dinner and the evening.

I do LOVE meeting friends for drinks and talk. Happy hour is a good time to do it each day ... or ... in the evening after activities etc.

Tell me MORE about YOU and John ...!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! Will be cruisinig down to the old world with you. My name is Michael. A good friend of mine from Puerto Rico ( orig. California ) will join me. His name is Ricardo. We are both 42 and we have done 2 cruises together (Alaska and Med on RCCL (Radiance) and Celebrity (Millie)). I´m from Frankfurt, Germany and it´s my first transatlantic cruise. Nice way to travel between the continents and I´m really looking forward to this relaxing cruise. Hope the sea stays calm though...

Looking forward to meet you guys. We won´t be the only gays on board (I know of at least one more) and I´m sure we´ll get a nice group of people together, as we did on the Millenium in the Med 2 years ago.

Counting the days...

Greetings from Frankfurt

Michael

Welcome. We're glad to have you join our group. We are Michael and Dick from Cincinnati.

I, Michael, lived 16 years in SF before returning to Cincinnati (ugh) and I lived and worked in Frankfurt years ago teaching GI's for the Army for high school equivalence. So we have a few things in common. Dick & I are in our 50's. If you want, my email is : lostindogpatch@yahoo.com You too Roberto, if you'd like to email.

Is any one coming to Miami the day before the cruise? If so, what hotel are you staying at. We will probably do something on Priceline.com for Downtown Miami which is the area closest to the port.

Hope to hear from you soon. Michael, get your friend Ricardo to get on these boards.

Michael

Hi Michael and Roberto ...

My name is Dick ... Michael and I will be on the cruise and we're looking forward to meeting you and enjoying a fantastic ship and cruising experience.

I too hope that the weather is great and I hope to be laying around the pool everyday! If my count is correct ... and including YOU and Roberto ...there are 7 gay men on the cruise (we have a single male friend also sailing) and with your additional buddy ... 8!

I'm looking forward to meeting you both!

DICK!:cool:

I am also looking forward to meeting you all, I hope our group gets larger. Its a great ship and also a fun one. The ships has two great restaurants, Chops Grille and Portofino they our out standing. There is a charge of $20/person but well worth it. Make your reservations early they fill up very early in the cruise. Maybe we can all meet some place on the first day and have a drink? Might be a nice way of getting the cruise off to a good start.:)

See you soon.

Robertoward

Roberto

Just saw your post. Email me at lostindogpatch@yahoo.com so that we can discuss where to meet.

Are you coming to Miami the day before, and, if so, where are you staying? Will you have a cell phone w/ you? Dick & I will have a cell with us.

As for meeting, how about the bar at the main pool. We'll be in the sun just as soon as we get checked in.

Michael

Morning all ...

By my count ... there are 7 or 8 gay men so far on the cruise. I think it would be great to meet for drinks early on upon boarding and establish identitys with all of you.

Again ... it should be a great cruise ... relaxing ... sun ... the pool ... and alot more!

Dick:cool:

Hello Michael44, Dick, Roberto, Michael and Ricardo

My name is Bob. I met Michael and Dick last November on the Volendam. They were two great gentleman insisting that I join them at their table as I had been seated with Ma and Pa Kettle. Their tablemates were so enjoyable that some of us decided to cruise together again. They didn't have to twist my arm because I love to cruise. It will be great to meet you all and enjoy as many days in the sun as will be available. Cheers to Brilliance of the Seas!

Bob :p

Hi Guys,

it´s only a few weeks to go. I´m definitely ready for a relaxing vacation. Couldn´t get Rick to check these boards yet. He´s very busy and always does 10 things at the same time. Well, you´ll get to know him. He´s a fun guy! I also need to tell our friend Bill to check these boards. He is a great guy from San Diego we met on the Millenium 2 summers ago. And boy, he´s got gaydars!!!! He spots all family members immediately and talks to them. So all we need is Bill to get the whole group together on day 1... :-)

I will be in Miami Beach one or two days prior the cruise. Hope to arrive wednesday because I haven´t been down there for many years and can´t wait to go back to all my favourite places (in case they are still there...) I used to fly to MIA at least twice a year from appr. 1990 onwards and saw it becoming the place it is today. What a transformation... Loved it best around ´91-94 when it was very gay and hispanic at the same time. Nowadays it´s too hip and too expensive and lost a lot of it´s charme. Still like it though.

In South Beach I´m booked at the "Royal Palm Crowne Plaza Resort" at 1545 Collins Ave (convenient to go to Lincoln Road and the bars, restaurants etc).

Not sure when Rick will arrive from SJU.

Winter is back in Frankfurt with lot´s of snow. We don´t get much snow here so it is a nice change. However can´t wait for spring and warmer weather to arrive...

Guys, take care. Talk to you soon. Michael

Rico-Michael and Bill ...

It does sound like a great group is forming and with Bill's Gaydar ... who knows? By my count there will now be nine (9!) of us with a pre-history on the critic to begin the cruise.

I LOVE South Beach!!! We usually stay at the Marseilles on Collins and right near (block or so) Lincoln. In fact ... we will be in Miami a day or so earlier and it would be great to meet up.

More about us: Michael lives for the FORMAL NIGHTS ... putting on a tux and indulging every gormet delight at dinner. He lives to lay by the pool during the day ... and having good company and drinks at night.

Bob ... a great guy ... loves the Sun and pool too (all day) and seems to find the time to visit the Sauna and Steam room with regularity. He enjoys meeting new people and is fantastic company!

As for me ... i'm at the pool all day ...it's relaxing and after the winter we have had ... I can't wait for the warmth... the Sun ... and getting a tan. I enjoy dinner in the evening and socializing with new people at dinner. I like the shows ... if there is Classical Music somewhere on the ship ... I do that while sipping my Long Island. I like the bars ... drinking and truly relaxing into the evening. I can't dance but after afew drinks ... I attempt it.

I do find that I enjoy stopping at the Sauna & Steam too. I usually end up there after my time in the sun at the pool ... it's my finale to the day before getting ready for the evening.

So ... that's it from me. I'm amazed that so many men have connected on the critic and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Archived