Brilliance of the Seas 4/29/05 ROLL CALL

michael44

Hey Guys

Our friend and past Fall cruisemate, Bob, who made an earlier post to this line, wanted me to add his cabin to the roll call list and so here it is:

[b]G&L CC Brilliance Guest List:
1. Michael Kraus, Richard Steeley--- Cabin 4008
2. Michael Wurm, Riracdo Grave---Cabin 8648
3. Robert D Edwards, Richard Pfleger---Cabin 1005[/b]
[b]4. Bob Burgess Cabin 4550[/b]
Michael

My name is Richard and I will be traveling with Dale. I live in Atlanta but born and raised in Miami. Will go down the day before and visit friends. :) This will be my 2nd transatlantic crossing. Did one a year ago Galveston to Barcelona. I have a grey beard and very little hair on my head but I make up for it in lots of other places. I love to hang out in the steam and sauna and play. We will be doing late seating and I plan on being in the pool bar after muster. Look forward to seeing you on the 29th. Richard I will have my cell 678.777.3030

[b]Hi Richard ...[/b]

[b]Welcome to the group ... the pool bar-encounter and a fantastic cruise! It appears that we are forming a great group for socializing aboard ship and meeting new friends.[/b]

[b]Dale ... glad that you have a close friend traveling with you on the cruise. It always seemed (to me) that you were a bit down about traveling without your partner or close friend. So ... it's great that Richard will be with you![/b]

[b]Mike ... Thanks again for solidifying the POOL BAR as the destination for our first get-together. You're right ... all ships have a pool bar in place and it would be the best space to meet. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Ricco and your friend Bill. I haven't noticed any message from Bill ... is he traveling alone? So far, I think our group numbers 8 with Bill. I do believe that Bill's Gaydar should come in handy!!![/b]

[b]Ricco ... Michael forwarded your pic and message to me ... great pic ... I like the beard! Again ... we are really looking forward to meeting you and Mike![/b]

[b]Bill ... ????????????????????? ... if you're a friend of Mike's ... YOU must be ok! I'm counting on your gaydar ... and sharing alot of fun! Are you coming ALONE? My count so far is ... 8 MEN![/b]

[b]Bob ... What can I say? ALOT!!!!! It will be sooooooooo good to see you again and share a great cruise!!! TO EVERY ONE: Bob is a great guy ... lots of fun ... loves the pool and sun ... loves unwinding and relaxing in the Sauna/Steam rooms ... great dinner companion ... and a ... STALKER at night![/b]

[b]So there! I believe I have caught up on everyone. Again ... this cruise is much needed and I'm excited about the opportunity to meeting some great guys ... new friends and great cruise![/b]

[b] Dick;) [/b]

Double checked regarding the pool bar and looked at my pictures from last year´s cruise on the Radiance (sister ship). There are actually 2 pool/open air bars on top of each other. One directly at the pool, named Pool Bar, the other one deck up called Sky Bar. No doubt we will spot each other.
No idea why Bill isn´t posting here. I did send him the link weeks ago, but maybe he forgot. Doesn´t matter and makes no difference. You´ll meet him next week anyway.
Cocktails on the quarterdeck...(as Hyacinth from "Keeping Up Appearances" (my favourite Sitcom of all times) used to say... :-))

[b]Mike ...:) ![/b]

[b]I absolutely ADORE ... Hyacinth Bucket!!!!! The show was fantastic ... I have NEVER grown tired watching the reruns (I know them all) and I have only afew friends that like it! I love all of the British comedys ...Are you being served? ... As time goes by ///and the mysteries too![/b]

[b]Miss Marple ... Hercule Poirot ... all of it is fantastic television!!!! Michael doesn't care for Brit comedy and especially HATES Hyacinth ( I watch it alone ... late ) so WE really have something in common!!!![/b]

[b]I'm sure Bill is busy ... and as you said ... we will finally meet all of you next week! To quote Hyacinth " we can enjoy some RIPARIAN entertainment" ... at the bar ... next to the pool (we need to stick some plants there) and with lots of DRINKS!!!![/b]

[b]Roberto ... I truly believe that YOU were the first to begin this thread and group ... so it's very fitting that YOU and Richard especially make it to the bar after muster. I'm really looking forward to meeting you both![/b]

[b]I've started working on my tan ... now ... if I could only loose 50lbs. ... I'd be fine![/b]

[b]Can't wait til next weekend ... let's party ... let's have alot of fun![/b]

[b]Dick:cool: [/b]

Just over one week and I will be on my way to Miami. I will be flying in on Thursday staying over night at the Sheraton Miami Biscayne Bay. Then on to the Ship around 1pm. I hope to see all of you after muster at the pool bar. Don't looking for me in a bathing suit, I just had open heart surgery and am still a little up tight about the big scar on my chest. Both Richard and I will be there. See you all soon.
Roberto (Dale)
Richard

[quote name='RobertoWard'] Don't look for me in a bathing suit, I just had open heart surgery and am still a little up tight about the big scar on my chest.
Roberto (Dale)
Richard[/QUOTE]

Roberto - Your scar is your badge of honor. Wear it well. Think about where you could have been if you didn't have your surgery and then the scar won't seem so bad. I'm speaking from experience. I had open heart surgery 4 years ago. And by the way, you all please take good care of the Brilliance for me, I'll be sailing her to the Greek Isles and Med in June. Y'all have fun!

[b]Mornin guys ...[/b]

[b]We are finally at the point of departure for Miami and a fantastic cruise! I'm packed ... finishing up last minute details at home and we leave for Miami on Wednesday.[/b]

[b]Do any of you know WHEN we can board the ship? Michael wants us to arrive around 11am and get positioned in line. I believe the ship doesn't depart until 5pm ... so ... once we have our gear in the cabin ... we will be out at the pool all after-noon![/b]

[b]I'm really anticipating our 1st. get-together at the pool bar after the lifeboat drill! The Cruisecritic board has truly given us the unique opportunity to be aware and know each other (somewhat) leading upto this cruise ... and that's a good thing![/b]

[b]So ... all of you have a safe trip to Miami ... be ready for drinks on Friday afternoon ... and 13 days of fun and relaxation!!!![/b]

[b] Dick:) [/b]

Hi Everyone

Looking forward to our 1st meetup at the main Pool Bar after the safety drill. Anyone wishing to contact us can call our cell at 513-237-4396 after 4pm Wednesday when we arrive in Miami. That number should work until we sail, unless we are deep within the ship's steel hulk.

Michael

Archived