Legend or Valor ???

YuliyaTX

Hello:

We are looking around for the cruise to do this year. I am trying to choose between Carnival Legend from Tampa or Carnival Valor from Miami.

Itinerary for both of these cruises are the same,

Valor cruise is a little cheaper but the air fare to Miami is more expensive than to Tampa . Legend cruise is more expensive but airfare is cheaper.

So overall the prices for Legend and Valor are about the same.

Now I am trying to figure out what ship is better Legend or Valor?

Can anybody help me and give the suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Personally, I prefer the Legend. It is much easier to fly in and out of Tampa, the port is much nicer, and the ship is more intimate. I don't much care for the stadium style lido deck on the Valor. Though I would take either trip again in a heartbeat.

Thanks. I was thinking about the same thing. What hotels are you staying in? What can we do without renting the car?

The night prior to the cruise we are staying at the Residence Inn Coconut Grove and after the cruise we are at the Marriott South Beach.

Every year we rent a car and it ends up sitting in the hotel parking lot at $30 a night. So this year we aren't doing a car. On the port departures boards, BlueHerron posted a FABULOUS thread about what do to in Miami, (don't know how to post links, otherwise I would).

Archived