Shipping your fish to Canada

bowlingqueen

Unless things have changed very recently salmon and halibut are regarded as an international fish and pass freely between Canada and the US. From personal experience I can tell you we take a plug in cooler full of frozen salmon and halibut to AZ each winter and so advise the US customs officer at the border. An issue can arise with shipping fish if the courrier can't deliver it to your home within 24 hours from the time of pick up.

I don't want to rain on your parade but you are going to find it pretty expensive fish by the time you pay for the charter, the processing, the styrofoam cooler box and the cardboard box it fits in and the shipping. But good luck.

I have never fished in Alaska so have no personal experience but from what I have read, depending upon your charter, some will cook some for you and others give it away...you always know of someone who wants some salmon or halibut.:)

Archived