Aurora 7th December 2009 Canaries - cruise cancelled

annebluec

Had a call from my TA this afternoon to let me know that my cruise on Aurora has been cancelled as she is to go into dry dock.

Very disappointed as we have not cruised P&O for a number of years and were looking forward to leaving from Southampton. I can't find anything else that is suitable as my dates are very tight as I have a hotel and had worked the holiday around functions. Looks like we'll be back to 2 weeks in Tenerife or lanzarote.

Never mind - I've got 2 others booked (not P&o) so I will look forward to them.

JTD

PandO have also announced a NEW weekender on Aurora in September haven't they, can you transfer to that, or isn't it convenient? I wonder why this Sept weekender popped up, and what was happening before.?

We were dead set on ourselves & some family members going to Brugges for the Xmas markets....finishing off the year of our 60th birthdays & 40th wedding. Thanks for the thought but the time isn't right, we are thinking about Queen Victoria instead .........?

We were offered £75 on board credit pp for a future cruise but as we booked for January 2011 on Monday on Royal Caribbean I can't see us going on P&O for a number of years.

We will obviously get our monies already paid back but I'm not sure when.

We are dissapointed. I have been trying to find another cruise for the last few days but there is nothing available which fits in with our dates unless we go to the caribbean. As my mother will be 85 in January and we did the caribbean out of New York this january, she doesn't really want to fly that far.

We have a holiday points system but I am struggling to find something that we fancy through them as all the accomodation we prefer in Tenerife is booked up. I have just been looking at Lanzarote and I think we will be bookng what we can there.

I love being a hotelier but when it comes down to freedom to book holidays when you want I wish I was back in the City!

Anne

Archived