Help! Transportation in Key West for wedding

h20skier

We got a great deal from weddingstogokeywest.com for a ceremony when we're stopped in Key West on our Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks. I am thrilled to get married on the beach. HOWEVER, 15 of our closest family members are joining us, and the wedding people will only take us (bride & groom) to Smathers beach. They wedding company gave us the name of a transportation group to book for the others. Just got the quote, and they want $6/person + 20% gratuity EACH WAY. That's as much as we are paying for the wedding! Is there a cheaper/better way to get my family members to the beach??? Please help!

Transportation is often pricy in Key West whether you're going a few blocks or a few miles (it's only 8 square miles). To be certain the guests are getting to your important event, I would recommend going with the company they suggested.

Key West, in my experience (20+ years) is not an area that really takes too much advantage of tourists. It may seem steep, but you're also paying for peace of mind.

We got a great deal from weddingstogokeywest.com for a ceremony when we're stopped in Key West on our Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks. I am thrilled to get married on the beach. HOWEVER, 15 of our closest family members are joining us, and the wedding people will only take us (bride & groom) to Smathers beach. They wedding company gave us the name of a transportation group to book for the others. Just got the quote, and they want $6/person + 20% gratuity EACH WAY. That's as much as we are paying for the wedding! Is there a cheaper/better way to get my family members to the beach??? Please help!

If two or more people take a cab or a van from the airport to, say, the Pier House or the Ocean Key, about as far away as you can go without starting back, it's $7.50 pp + tip, so you are getting a good rate.

If you're still ot satisfied, there are a few gypsy cabs in Key West.

Pjk

Seriously, there's not a better deal? $230 is a ton of money to move people from one place to another on a small island. I'd REALLY appreciate any advice in figuring out a better way. I just can't stomach paying that much! Seems awfully steep to me.

• 1 month later...

My daughter is using the same company in October with 21 guests. How did it go? What was your solution? Any suggestions? By the congrats!!!

My daughter is using the same company in October with 21 guests. How did it go? What was your solution? Any suggestions? By the congrats!!!

They are referring to the Old Town trolley one of which can be chartered for a special occasson. Info is here...

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/groups-and-charters.asp

Pjk

Archived