CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION Cabin 7177 or 9173

sfilbert

I have booked cabin 7177 seems like it may have a larger balcony than most balcony cabins. We also have a choice of 9173 which has a large kind of different balcony. I cannot find anywhere a picture of cabin 7177.

Which cabin would be best for balcony size and room size?

Thank you for everyone that has a comment.

Are these concierge class? If I remember right we had 9175 on Millenium (ship has same exact design & cabin #s as Connie) and it was just below the buffet. Therefore, for light sleepers like me this was not good because their cleaning, moving tables and chairs very early in the morning had me UP. But, if you like to keep out of the direct sun, deck 9 is great because the overhang from the buffet deck, which is wider than the cabin decks, protects you. Balcony was standard CC size. Some people object to the thingys that may block some of your side view (ballustrade comes to mind but I don't know if that's the right word). I thought we'd like it because it was so close to the buffet (which we did), but if I had to do it over again I'd choose deck 7.

Best choice. Standard size stateroom, OVER SIZED balcony.

In addition, it is a "double" with a love seat configuration sandwiched

between two passenger decks (no noise).

We are booked into 7180 on the "other" side of the ship. Both on the

Constellation and Infinity for 42 straight days of sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

What is a "double"

Can anyone tell me anything about cc cabin 7181 on the Constellation. Any obstructions, larger balcony, noise etc.

I also have a choice of panorama deck mid ship, port side.

Thanks

I was in 7175 in 2008. That area of the ship is quiet. It appears (Celebrity ship layout)

that 7181 is a larger cabin than 7175 with a smaller balcony. It also appears that the cabin has a door to connect to cabin next door.

I liked that section of the Constellation.

Have a Great trip.

What is a "double"

The room's occupancy rate is primarily for two people. There are no drop down bunks from the walls. I guess it would be possible to make up the "love" seat as a single, but I don't remember if the "love seat" folds

out. It definitely is a less crowded looking stateroom.

• 6 months later...
Are these concierge class? If I remember right we had 9175 on Millenium (ship has same exact design & cabin #s as Connie) and it was just below the buffet. Therefore, for light sleepers like me this was not good because their cleaning, moving tables and chairs very early in the morning had me UP. But, if you like to keep out of the direct sun, deck 9 is great because the overhang from the buffet deck, which is wider than the cabin decks, protects you. Balcony was standard CC size. Some people object to the thingys that may block some of your side view (ballustrade comes to mind but I don't know if that's the right word). I thought we'd like it because it was so close to the buffet (which we did), but if I had to do it over again I'd choose deck 7.

I am just off of the Constellation's Jan 3rd Panama Canal cruise in cabin 9175. Quiet as a mouse. Great location.

• 4 months later...
I am just off of the Constellation's Jan 3rd Panama Canal cruise in cabin 9175. Quiet as a mouse. Great location.

We are in Cabin 9175 for November 20/10, I was getting freaked as somebody singled out 9175 as being very noisy and too near elevators, it was a relief to see your response. How was the verandah, did you find the overhang a detriment?

Does any else have any comments about this cabin?

This cabin was NOT noisy - in fact no noise from walls, ceilings or floors whatsoever. The outside was also quite except for the noise of the sea. We found the overhang to be an asset because it acted like an awning and kept the veranda in shade. This was our 2nd time on Connie and we are considering a 3rd, and if we do, we'll request 9175 or its twin on the starboard side. The cabin next to it, just forward, actually has a larger veranda but it is not a CC cabin and is therefore smaller and lacking the CC benefits. For the record, despite what you may have read elsewhere, we enjoyed the afternoon canapés. They are always savory and I suspect that the complainers that I have read felt that they should be sweet - just a guess as to their skewed logic. We also enjoyed having the fresh fruit refreshed daily. We would get up in the morning and call for a pot of coffee, which always came within five minutes, and then enjoyed coffee and fresh fruit on the veranda before a shower and going up for breakfast.

Enjoy your cruise on our favorite ship!

We are in Cabin 9175 for November 20/10, I was getting freaked as somebody singled out 9175 as being very noisy and too near elevators, it was a relief to see your response. How was the veranda, did you find the overhang a detriment?

Does any else have any comments about this cabin?

Archived