Balconies on Ventura

Hello, I am considering taking two young children on the Ventura and there are only balcony cabins left, I have concerns about the safety of these. Can anyone tell me what the locks are like on the door to the balcony and whether there is glass or railings protecting you from the sea?

Many thanks.

Yes there are locks to the Balcony doors and you have Glass Panels and a rail between balcony and the sea. Depending on what deck you are, the chances are, if anyone did fall over the balcony, probably be a drunk rather than a child, they would land on the balcony of the deck below, and not the sea.:) The locks are at the top of the doors.

Here is a photo of my Ventura balcony, there are others on that album so you can look at those.:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865580447312658

CLICK LINK.

As you can see its solid glass BUT they should never be left unattended out there, as ofcourse they could climb onto the chairs/table and springboard off!

Hope that helps

Sue

Thanks Tracy

I will be doing a similar album on 5* Celebrity Equinox next month, as I have been invited to photograph it for the cruise chat sites.Equinox will be the same as Eclipse a Celebrity ship coming to Southampton next year - watch out PandO !

There are other albums on that link in the 'my photos' website on RCI Independence of the Seas, Artemis, Arcadia , and the latest Oriana. In August I will be on Oceana and

will do a albumf or that ship,so a full set - until Azura comes along!;)

Archived