Inspiration: Best place for sail away?

We are going to be on the Inspiration in 28 days!! I was just wondering where you all recommended for the best place to be during sail away? We would love to get some great pictures of the Sunshine Skyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jill

I have early seating also - does that mean that if we eat in the main dining room the 1st night that we will miss the sail away? Should I try to change it to late dining? We have just always picked early so that we could be finished before things started happening onboard - and we also eat very early at home...but I know that sometimes it is hard to drag yourself to the room to get ready for early dinner.

We are going to be on the Inspiration in 28 days!! I was just wondering where you all recommended for the best place to be during sail away? We would love to get some great pictures of the Sunshine Skyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jill

I'm sailing on the Inspiration for the 3rd time in 93 days. Yay! But to answer your question; my favorite location is up on the Sports deck near the whale tail. It feels like you can almost touch the bridge as you sail under it! It is very windy up there, so be sure your sunglasses, hat, etc. are well secured or they will blow off!

Good point regarding early seating, but you could always skip the dining room that night and eat at the buffet.

Have a great cruise!

Keep in mind, it takes approximately 2 hours from the time the ship leaves the port until it reaches the Skyway. And I agree with the PP that one of the top decks is the best place to be when approaching and going under the skyway.

The ship will sail under the Skyway Bridge sometime between 6:00 and 6:20pm depending on the time she sets sail. Also, I found the best place to be was out side over the bridge. To get there go to the Verandah deck and head forward til you pass through the doors, you will be on an observation deck.

I went to the AFT of the ship to watch the Skyway go by. A LOT of people crowded the bow. Also I thought it would be cool to see the Whale Tail go under.

It was really kind of cool to see. You watched the bridge get closer and closer and you SWEAR its not going to clear. And then it slips in, and you realize then why we wont have any bigger ships in Tampa! It's SO CLOSE! :eek:

DSCN1515.JPG

DSCN1518.JPG

DSCN1520.JPG

Thank you so much, everybody! I never even considered the fact that our dining time would conflict with going under the Skyway (we have early seating). I think we may skip the dining room that night just so we can see her go under the bridge!

Archived