Freeport jeep safari

Pinktulip21

Hello all...

My boyfriend and I are going on our very first cruise June 29th on the Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas. Our first stop is Freeport. We really want to do the Jeep safari tour. Has anyone done it before? Is it worth the $112 Norwegian is charging for 5 1/2 hours? Any information or reviews are greatly appreciated... thanks!

We were very unhappy with this tour in Nov 2008. They seat 4 adults per Jeep, whether you know each other or not. You drive no more than 20mph. There is no "off-roading". We saw one mudpuddle that they called 'wetlands'. Basically they toured us around and through and around a future subdivision filled with pine trees and palmettos. They did take us to a cave that was cool. The lunch provided was unorganized! They took you to a resort where you were only allowed to eat in a certain area, then they told us we were leaving in 15minutes (we hadn't received our food yet) then more confusion and "you don't have time to swim", then we left an hour later. I complained to company thru questionarre, I complained to cruise ship. If you do take the tour, get with the white American male who guides. His group was having much more fun than our group. It was a complete waste of our money. If you are ever in South Georgia, look us up, we'll take you out on ATV's and get you muddy, wet, and tired!

Uh-oh.. now we really have nothing to do during our stop in Freeport! I have already been to Port Lucaya (very disappointing!) and the dolphins are wayyy too expensive to swim with. Anyone have any other suggestions for us??

we actually stayed at Viva Fortuna for a week last year and I would never go back there again!! We booked the jeep tour and are keeping our fingers crossed...

That bad huh? lol We have stayed several times in the past... once the place was over run by Europeans... why do people talk about the rude Americans? We made the best of it but it did cause to reconsider the resort. The food is tedious after a couple of days and the drinks are not "top shelf"... BUT for an afternoon I do believe I could have a great time... PLUS the beach is wonderful.

um excuse me, I don't recall saying everything was BAD. Why don't you try scrolling up and reading my original post? Geez.

we actually stayed at Viva Fortuna for a week last year and I would never go back there again!! We booked the jeep tour and are keeping our fingers crossed...

Uh-oh.. now we really have nothing to do during our stop in Freeport! I have already been to Port Lucaya (very disappointing!) and the dolphins are wayyy too expensive to swim with. Anyone have any other suggestions for us??

I think these were all your replies. You'd never go back to the resort there and Port Lucaya very disappointing. Dolphins too expensive. This is all Freeport.

If it is so bad per your words then I guess my suggestion would have been to pick a different itinerary.

Archived