Excursion Deals ~ Valor

BostonRedsoxMA

Cruising Valor on 7/26~ any suggestions for excursion sites, we usually try not to do the cruiselines as we have found great deals privately and actually been with the Carnival passengers but paid lots less. Thanks!:)

Just visit each port of call board here and do a little research for the tour operators that come recomended by fellow CC members.... I am sure you will find the tour that meets your budget and expectations based on the many reviews you will read.

• 4 weeks later...

We (2 seniors, 2 college age boys) were there in late May on the Valor and I did some research and found Grumpy & Happy. Lorne and Jolene are Canadians that immigrated to Belize about 11 years ago with their family and have a private boat 1/2 day snorkel trip that is geared to the cruise ship passenger. For a very moderate price, we were flown from Belize City airstrip in a 15 seater Cessna over the reefs and islands up to Ambergris Cay to San Pedro. They meet you at the airport and within 10 minutes you are in their boat on the way out to Hol Chan Marine Preserve, or whereever you want to snorkel. We had an outstanding day of snorkeling and adventure (felt a bit like Indiana Jones flying in that little plane), but the entire day went without a hitch. We had the best snorkeling of our lives (we've snorkeled all over the Caribbean and Hawaii and this trip was the best). We had a relaxing day, missed all the tour groups and snorkelers bumping into each other. Jolene gets in the water with you (if you like) and guides you to several beautiful reefs, the boys petted the stingrays and groupers, and we got great pictures of the nurse sharks sleeping in the shade of their boat.

If you want a different shore adventure, look up Grumpy and Happy Belize in Google, give them a call and you'll be pleasantly surprised. We're going back to stay in their rental home our next vacation and snorkel a week all over Belize.

Enjoy! Tell them Helen and Mike Bryant sent you.:):)

Hi there!

We are just back off the Valor and had a great time! We used Experience Belize Tours with Allen and Leah Dawson. We did a Belize City tour and then we went to the Mayan ruins at Altun Ha. I highly recommend them! They sent us specific details about where to meet Allen and he was exactly where he said he would be. The van was clean, air-conditioned and roomy. Allen is very knowledeable and he had my kids captivated with interesting facts about the ruins and medicinal plants. Lunch at Mayan Wells was included in our excursion price and it was very good. We asked him to stop at a fruit market for us and he gladly obliged. He was very very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Belize and are even planning a land vacation there. If you have any questions about Allen and Leah please feel free to ask. I think the tour was about $50

We just returned from the Valor as well and we booked a Belize city/Altun Ha tour with belizecruiseexcursions.com.

Everything went very smoothly, they even have a little shop inside the port. We rode with the manager, Richard who knew so much about Belize! The ruins were great, lunch was very good and included.

If you're interested in diving, my parents had a great experience diving there, I can see if I can find out the name of the company, they just stumbled upon them in port and decided to go for it!

I've heard it's a long, bumpy ride. Is the trip still worth it?

It's about an hour each way and it is very bumpy....but we enjoyed it. Our guide gave us info about medicinal plants. We climbed both temples...we enjoyed it and we travelled with 3 kids 10, 5 and 1

• 1 month later...
We just returned from the Valor as well and we booked a Belize city/Altun Ha tour with belizecruiseexcursions.com.

Everything went very smoothly, they even have a little shop inside the port. We rode with the manager, Richard who knew so much about Belize! The ruins were great, lunch was very good and included.

If you're interested in diving, my parents had a great experience diving there, I can see if I can find out the name of the company, they just stumbled upon them in port and decided to go for it!

Doing a "dive" cruise with a stop in Belize in October. Please include any details you can! Thanks!

Archived