Any gay teachers on cruises out of New York?

nick2363

Hi everyone. I just came upon this board and thought I'd post. My partner and I would be interested in taking cruises out of New York. We've only cruised on an RSVP cruise before but find that we would seriously like to consider mainstream cruises for two reasons:

1. We'd like to save money by not flying out of NY and

2. It's more likely that we'd find a cruise during a school break (I'm a teacher).

The only problem for us is that we wouldn't want to feel ostracized or isolated on board. We'd like to know that there would be at least ONE other gay couple on board to meet up with for a drink or to have dinner with during the course of the trip.

Is there anyone out on this board in a similar position? Please let me know...I'd also be open to any ideas on how to go about making contacts to pursue this. Thanks in advance!

Allen and I have sailed on Explorer out of Bayonne (Port Liberty) and it was a very good experience. Allen is a teacher, so we are also at the mercy of an academic calendar. We very much like the idea of no airfare, and are happy that RCCL and other lines are beginning to home port ships at more east coast ports. We will be sailing Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore in October 2010. My advice is to choose the ship and itinerary you want, and enjoy the cruise. We have never felt isolated or ostracized on board, and have always sailed mainstream cruises.

David

Allen and I have sailed on Explorer out of Bayonne (Port Liberty) and it was a very good experience. Allen is a teacher, so we are also at the mercy of an academic calendar. We very much like the idea of no airfare, and are happy that RCCL and other lines are beginning to home port ships at more east coast ports. We will be sailing Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore in October 2010. My advice is to choose the ship and itinerary you want, and enjoy the cruise. We have never felt isolated or ostracized on board, and have always sailed mainstream cruises.

David

HI David!

I was bumming around this thread and saw your post. Hope you and Allen are doing well. I am off to the Med. on Saturday aboard the Summit.

Scott

Hi back to you Scott -- just bumming around the G&L boards, huh? The Med on Summit sounds super. Allen and I are actually back on Millennium for an Alaska Southbound cruise in August. We love the idea of being back on Millennium.

How is Kim? Has she tried another cruise yet? Next spring break we are doing Mariner of the Seas for the Mexican Riviera. After we booked our cabin we found out there was going to be a Pied Piper group on that cruise (April 4), so we have joined that group. Check it out -- spring break could be fun again:).

Enjoy the Summit and the Med!

David

Archived