Salmon Bake excursion

cocos

We´re trying to choose one of these excursions:

a) At Skagway, Liarsville Salmon Bake and Gold Panning Camp

b) At Juneau, Gold Panning Adventure and Alaska Salmon Bake

We're a family of 5 adults and 3 kids ages 1 to 6.

Are those the same? Is one of them more enjoyable?

Cocos -

Can only comment on Liarsville as I have not done the Juneau excursion you mentioned.

We experienced liarsville 11 years ago with our neice and nephew. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience the Salmon was amazing (and I don't like salmon), the staff was very good and kept in character the entire visit, gold panning was fun, they put on a little show at the "hippodrome" - re enacting Robert Service poetry - very entertaining. There is also a resident Alaskan Husky - very gentle and great for photo ops with the kids.

We are returning to Skagway next month and are now taking our own children ages 5 & 9. Can't wait!!

I totally agree with WeBCruisin. My DH and I went 6-07 and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was great, didn't get an HUGE chunk of gold when we went panning, but we really enjoyed ourselves.

We especially enjoyed the show, they had you laughing the whole time... it was great.

The dogs were so sweet dogs, laying around the fire pit waiting for people to pet them. I think everyone would love it.

We plan on going back to Alaska in a couple of years and we'll definately be going back to Liarsville.

Archived