venicewatertaxi.com

Has anyone used this service before? I was offered a great price but need to pay in advance by credit card. I get a voucher to present at the airport and then my group of 8 can go to central Venice. Want to be sure I am not being taken.

Hi cjf

We are doing our first med cruise in Oct, and have also decided to do the water taxi but decided to get one when we land at the airport and not book ahead. Are you arriving by plane or ship? I read somewhere if the plane is late you could run in to trouble because you have booked it for a certain time. We have researched the other transportation options and like a lot of people have said, it's worth the money. What cruise are you doing?

When we arrived in Venice, we went to the Venezia Water Taxi desk on the lower floor in the terminal and bought our tickets. They had a taxi that drove us (and our luggage) from the airport to the waiting water taxi. The driver gave us a tour of some of the back canals on the way to the hotel. I wouldn't make a prepayment in advance. We missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt because of immigration lines and arrived in Venice five hours later than planned. There were plenty of water taxis at the airport. Click here to see pictures of our taxi ride from the airport to the hotel.

How much should I expect to pay for 8 people if I wait until I arrive? I had a quote of 118 euro for advance payment.

The website looks quite good. I have not used them. I chose to book a water taxi thru the "Consorzio Motoscafi" website. 3 persons from Marco Polo airport to a hotel nr San Marco Square is 100Euros.

I mae a reservation online. No advance payment was asked for. All I have to do is give the emailed quote to a person on their desk at Marco Polo Arrivals area, pay them there and then, and away we go....

I do know the cost for more than 3 passengers goes up considerably, so i would say the quote of 118 Euros is excellent PROVIDING the site is genuine. Why not email them and ask to pay at Venice. If not, I suspect something may not be quite right.Or pay by credit card..I`m sure you would be refunded if they are not genuine...and as I say Consorzio Motoscafi have a desk at Arrivals should you need a watertaxi in these circumstances.

Have you consulted TripAdvisor forums or other review sites for venicewatertaxicom?

When we arrived in Venice, we went to the Venezia Water Taxi desk on the lower floor in the terminal and bought our tickets. They had a taxi that drove us (and our luggage) from the airport to the waiting water taxi. The driver gave us a tour of some of the back canals on the way to the hotel. I wouldn't make a prepayment in advance. We missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt because of immigration lines and arrived in Venice five hours later than planned. There were plenty of water taxis at the airport. Click here to see pictures of our taxi ride from the airport to the hotel.

Hello Jean: We just looked at your lovely photos of Venice. They were great. We too will be staying at the Locanda Orseolo at the end of our cruise. We have pretty much decided to take the Vaporetto to St. Mark's Square and then walk to the hotel. Is it very difficult to find on foot? How did you like the hotel? We will only have 1 suitcase each with wheels and small carry ons. We thought we could manage without a water taxi. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.:o

CJF . . . I'm originally from Niagara Falls: grew up in the Hyde Park area. We paid E100 plus a tip to the driver from the airport to the hotel (included E10 for the taxi ride to the water taxis at the airport). It was definitely worth it because of the sightseeing alone! We had six in a water taxi from the hotel to the ship and paid E32 each. We had a fair bit of luggage but there would still room for 8 between those sitting inside and those who wanted to stand outside. The taxis are quite large and very nice.

Narnia1 . . . We loved the hotel (we had room #15!). We had two windows on the side canal: stood there a lot watching the gondolas. Staff is everything you've read about and more. I have a map that will help you find the hotel. Send me an email and I forward the Word document to you.

Archived