beach excursion or stay on board in Cozumel??

cavfam

Help please!!! I just made my shore excursion reservations for my Magic cruise in August. We have had trouble trying to decide on a shore excursion in Cozumel. We finally agreed on the Fury Catamaran. My travel party consists of my husband and I, our children 7 and 5, and my 69 year old Mother. Well, during booking I realized that if we do the Fury Catamaran excursion, we will miss the pirate themed dinner due to having the early seating. We don't want to do that. So should we do the beach excursion to Playa Mia or just stay on board and save the money. Has anyone done this tour???

Also, are there any on board activities while the ship is in port?

Thanks bunches for your help!!

There are always a few activities on board on port days and a movie will play too. But not as many as sea days. I know many people stay on board and relax by the pool on port days but we dont.

If I am paying all that money to go to tropical ports then I am getting off the ship and see them. That is why I am cruising in the first place. That is just me but you might consider that aspect too.

I havnt done the beach excursion to playa Mia but I have friends who have and they said it was a beautiful beach. I would say Go for the beach! See a new culture, enjoy the island. Play in the warm seas.

You can go to a motel back in the U.S. if you want to relax around a pool or read a book. You paid for this experience,so go and enjoy it. You have plenty of time on the ship.

Also right by the dock area are lots of shops to browse . Usually when you return you have a few minute to shop around for a quick souvenir before getting back on board or take a few extra photos.

Then have dinner and enjoy the pirate party that evening.:)

Good luck with your decision.

Thank you so much for your feedback. That's how I feel about staying on board as well. I not really into the shopping thing with all of the back feedback I have read about the pushy shop owners. I am leaning toward the beach or the ruins/beach break. Thanks again!!

Its true some of the shop owners can be pushy. Mostly standing outside their shops inviting you inside. Once inside we only had one pushy person following us around as we tried to browse. Most would just ask if they could help us and we said we are just browsing and they thanked us and said to call them if we needed help and walked away.

Most were very friendly and courtious to us. We have been 3 times to Cozumel, it is beautiful and the beaches we saw were awesome. some beach areas do have some locals with tent booths set up with small souvenirs they are selling too.

I like walking through the shop area beause people are there dressed in Mayian costumes or traditional Mexican outfits and usually towards the back of the mall area there is a live band playing for tips. I like the atmosphere and its easy to unwind after an excursion before boarding the ship.

Your ride to the beach you will see some of the island too which should be nice. we did a jeep tour last year and we drove to the other side of the island and nobody was there accept other jeep tours. It was really beautiful and we had a great mexican lunch included on the beach front.

Hope you have a very magical cruise!!

In Cozumel you do not need to go to an Organized shore tour. Save your money. We alaways rent a car or jeep/ Jeep is more expensive. You can do this same day. There are many beaches to use. We like Mr. Sanchos and it is free plus they have massages $1 per minute plus nice beach and shops and place to eat too. The drive on the back side of thee Island is nice too.

Lexi

Archived