theme nights - help!

donzareli

Hi everyone,

I love this website as everyone is so helpful in answering any queries. I have just received my tickets today and it says that there will be four theme nights. 80's and 90's popnight, pirate deck party, black and white, and 60's and 70's nightfever party. My questions are do you have to take part in the theme nights? and if so can anyone give advice on what to wear. We are okay for the black and white but not sure about the rest especially the pirate deck party. Thanks in advance for your help. Very much appreciated. Oh sorry should of said we are on the ventura. Thanks again.

hi donzareli welcome to the cruise forums.with regard to your questions.you dont have to join in on any of the themed nights if you dont want too.but black and white night will be one of your formal evenings.the pirates theme is what it says you can dress up if you want,they do sell pirate gear on the ship.there are people that dress in 60s/70s clothes but not that many,again this is a personal choice.they usualy have a tropical night where people wear hawian clothes,again they do sell hawian shirts on board.i would say go and have a great time and wear what you like at any of the parties.we were on ventura for the maiden voyage and had a great time..happy sailing..humpy

We usually dress up from the tropical night, never had a pirate night, think this is new to Ventura, nearly everyone dresses for the black and white night, its easy for men, they just wear their dinner suit/tux some change the jacket to the white one , and perhaps a black and white tie instead of the usual black one...

Woman - well most women have a black dress, some white accessories are pretty easy to find, I wear a sheer white shawl over black dress, and a white flower attached to my black bag. Jewellery too can be found, have a ebony and ivory bracelet and b &w necklace.

Not many people bother with the 60.s/70'80's nights.

thanks everyone for the replies, just glad that we have the option of whether we take part in the theme nights. As i finish work and travel to southampton same day i have limited time to find pirate costumes etc. Thanks again.

Archived