What are balcony safety nets on Ventura?

Hi, I know this might be an obvious question, but has anyone seen these child safety nets?

I would like to know how much of the balcony they cover, maybe a photo is anyone has one?

I've been told by P&O that they are removable but I think they might be a good idea with small children.

We have cabin D722.

Thanks,

Tracy

I've heard a number of families mention them on Ocean Village reviews so presumably as P and O are part of the same group they would also have them.

As I understand it, on OV the crew automatically put them up when young children are staying in any balcony cabins.

I'd suggest ringing P and O if you have any questions about them.

I had a balcony cabin on B Deck Ventura, so I could see down on C & D Deck, aswell as along B deck, never saw any netting. I have had a good look at my photographs, when I photographed along the deck in rough weather, cannot see any netting.:confused:

Hello, here is the official answer from P&O:

Thank you for your email.

Ventura does not have any balcony nets on board. The balcony has a solid glass front with no gaps so the balcony nets are not necessary. We only use balcony nets on the ships that do not have solid fronted balconies like Oriana where they have railings.

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

It looks like I was given the wrong information from my Travel Agent.

Thanks for all your comments,

Tracy

Hi, I know this might be an obvious question, but has anyone seen these child safety nets?

I would like to know how much of the balcony they cover, maybe a photo is anyone has one?

I've been told by P&O that they are removable but I think they might be a good idea with small children.

We have cabin D722.

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi there

We stayed in D726 a few months ago with our 3 year old daughter. As the PP said the balconies have all glass fronts. They are quite high too. The only thing to be careful of is them climbing onto the furniture. Apart from that it was fine. You can also lock the balcony door from the inside.( Small sliding lock at top of door) which was great. We alway kept it locked unless we were outside.

Anyway hope you have a fab time - we loved our holiday the kids clubs are fantastic. We have just booked again for next year.

Sue

We sailed on Ventura on D deck (D232) in October last year with our then three year old son.

As long as you keep your furniture pushed back away from the rail and keep a general eye on your little ones when outside you should be fine.

We also kept the door locked unless we were around outside and particularly at night so he couldn't get up and open the door whilst we were still asleep.

The D deck minisuites are fabulous but they won't be spending too much time in there as the kids clubs are out of this world! We could have spent two weeks and never seen our son except when he was asleep if we hadn't have insisted on having breakfast and lunch together!!!

Hello, thanks for all your positive comments especially about the kids club. When we went on the Oceana my eldest wasn't old enough to go, however we've just been on the Navigator of the Sea's, who's age limit is 3 and over, and he loved it. After an initial shyness, he would have been in there the whole time if we'd stayed on the ship, he never even came to dinner after the 2nd night.

We've just booked for June 2010 for a 14 night cruise when our oldest will be 4 and our youngest 2 so they will both be able to go and enjoy the kids club. After a number of cruises paying a lot of money (esp with RCCL) for the kids and not being able to enjoy the full facilities, we all can't wait!

We will definately be sticking with P&O until my youngest turns 3 and then may mix in RCCL along the way.

The balcony door's on Ventura sound the same as the Navigator and I'm happy with the safety aspect, it was the TA comments about safety nets that threw me.

We are also looking forward to the mini suite too. I read in the brochure that suites get robes, flowers and water etc as a perk, however in the latest brochure the mini suites are now called deluxe balcony cabins so not sure if we'll still get the extra's, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hello, thanks for all your positive comments especially about the kids club. When we went on the Oceana my eldest wasn't old enough to go, however we've just been on the Navigator of the Sea's, who's age limit is 3 and over, and he loved it. After an initial shyness, he would have been in there the whole time if we'd stayed on the ship, he never even came to dinner after the 2nd night.

We've just booked for June 2010 for a 14 night cruise when our oldest will be 4 and our youngest 2 so they will both be able to go and enjoy the kids club. After a number of cruises paying a lot of money (esp with RCCL) for the kids and not being able to enjoy the full facilities, we all can't wait!

We will definately be sticking with P&O until my youngest turns 3 and then may mix in RCCL along the way.

The balcony door's on Ventura sound the same as the Navigator and I'm happy with the safety aspect, it was the TA comments about safety nets that threw me.

We are also looking forward to the mini suite too. I read in the brochure that suites get robes, flowers and water etc as a perk, however in the latest brochure the mini suites are now called deluxe balcony cabins so not sure if we'll still get the extra's, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi Tracy

Yes you do get robes , flowers and water on arrival. You also get champagne and chocolates. There are also binoculars and an atlas to use and you will also get fresh fruit about halfway through your cruise and canapes twice.

We also went with RCC and found they did not cater well for 2 year olds - P and O were so much better for the young kids. I also like the fact that you can either stay with your child or leave them on their own. I also was impressed that they would change nappies too!!!!! The amount of activities put on for them was vast. I felt 100% happy leaving our dd there.

Sue

Archived