Scuba Diving, SEPT 06 Conquest

janenlarry

HI all, TX folks and LSU fans. Looking for a scuba buddy for

G Cayman. Has anyone taken the Carnival scuba excursion in Cayman? I usually try to book with a local dive shop. May have to opt for the ships excursion due to time in port. I'm interested in the wall and reef two tank dive on ships excursions.

G Cayman. Has anyone taken the Carnival scuba excursion in Cayman? I usually try to book with a local dive shop. May have to opt for the ships excursion due to time in port. I'm interested in the wall and reef two tank dive on ships excursions.

My dh and dd are going to use Sunset House in Grand Cayman on our upcoming cruise in July. I will post a review but I have been very happy with their correspondence and attitude and seem to have good reviews on the GC board. I will suggest you contact the Dive shop there and talk to a gentleman named Mike Pinnington, he is who I dealt with and he was very helpful, when I contacted the hotel itself, the lady who answered was not so helpful. :)

I have dove through the cruise ship in GC a couple of times and have been disappointed in their site selection.

They stay very close to the ship. I have also tried to line up local operators and have not had any luck. They are either already committed to one of the cruise ships or are oriented toward local divers. Their dive times didn't line up with ship times and I would have to pay taxi fares back and forth to their shop.

The last time I was in GC, I did a guided shore dive with Eden Rock which is a couple of blocks walk from the cruise terminal. The shore dive area was as good as the boat dive areas.

Here is their web site

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

Archived