Miracle MDR and movement-I missed formal night

peppymom98

We were moved from our first night's table. There was only 4 of us at that table for 8. I was happy to have a table for 2 but it was all the way in the back of the Bacchus DR. It was formal night and the boat was rocking and my seat was actually vibrating.I tried to concentrate on something but we were near the waiter station which was noisy and had lots of action. The grape decor didn't help as I felt more and more queasy. Everything just seemed loud and too bright.The waiter brought my soup but I told DH I had to leave.He stayed and I sat in the lounge area which felt much better movement wise.After DH ate we spoke w Frankie who changed our table to one for 2 up front. It was so much better than that other table. Towards the end of the cruise at lunch one of the waiters told us it is more rocky and shaky back where we were. I wonder if anyone else had this experience or just me?

On one of my previous cruises, I too had to leave the table. I remember feeling just horrible!!!! I had already ordered my main course too, but that was it for me! Staggered back to the room and collapsed into bed! I don't remember exactly where our table was, but it wasn't in the back.

So I know exactly how you felt poor thing! For our upcoming cruise in August, I'm buying sea bands, taking Bonine and some ginger and if I have to do it the whole cruise I will! I never want to feel that way again while on vacation!!!!! :mad:

When the waves get high, i can feel the dining room rocking on any ship but the Spirit had to be the worst, we were in the aft dining room in the very back, it not only was rocking but shaking heavily also, thank goodness I don't get sea sick, but many other passenges did get sick, I think just about every night, someone up chucked on their way out of the dining room door, including my neice.

The rest of the ship was fine, couldn't feel a thing.

Only felt queasy once, last day on Miracle. They had ginger soup that night, that was all I ate. I take ginger pills ever since, no proble, but never had a table all the way at the back.

Archived