Liquor store location near Yankee Clipper?

unbelieverguy@msn.com

Closest liquor stores are on SE 17th Street Causeway. There is a Walgreens liquor store plus another large liquor store. Not reachable without a car or taxi- about a 7-8 minute ride.

I agree about the Yankee Clipper. It's an early 1960's style place and despite remodeling you just can't get the 60's out of it. Half the rooms are on the beachside of the hotel which has rooms on both sides of A1A connected by a walkway. It would be OK if you aren't fussy. If you want to be on the beach, it's a good location.

The best place to get your last minute beverages is at the Southport Plaza on 17th St, near the Terminal. That is where the Publix is located. We always stay at the Nina Lee, across the street, and behind the Yankee Clipper parking garage, and that plaza supplies about every need you can have. I don't think you'll have too much time to go shopping around for a good wine place if it's not in that vicinity. By the way, the Nina Lee is right across the street from that tall yellow condo building you'll see on the way in, and from the Yankee Clipper. My husband's family has been staying there since the 1950's. Not elegant, and very "50's", but secluded, and quite inexpensive.We were just there last week again. Lynne

I know the water taxi stop is right by the Clipper- if you have a day to kill before your cruise it's a great way to see a lot of Ft. Lauderdale- and you can hop on and off at different areas along the way. There's a big shopping district at one of the stops where I'm sure you could find some nice wine and champagne. An all day pass was pretty cheap. We also stayed at the Nina Lee- for the price it was very clean and convenient, and they said we could use the pool and beach at the Clipper (but we liked the funky little pool at the Nina Lee better).

Archived