First Cruise Ever--all suggestions welcome

Ride the ducks of seattle dot com is a good one.

OMG - you're kidding, right? Riding around in a big bus shaped like a duck? Maybe if your 3 yrs old.

It's been a few years, but last time I was there we went to a park downtown and went to the Music Experience Museum and there were a bunch of other fun things there. Maybe a local can tell you what I'm talking about. I can't remember the name of the park and probably got the museum name wrong.

OMG - you're kidding, right? Riding around in a big bus shaped like a duck? Maybe if your 3 yrs old.

It's been a few years, but last time I was there we went to a park downtown and went to the Music Experience Museum and there were a bunch of other fun things there. Maybe a local can tell you what I'm talking about. I can't remember the name of the park and probably got the museum name wrong.

Actually no I wasn't kidding. This is really a fun way to learn about Seattle it gives you a tour with a lot of information to learn about our history. Yes you could go to a museum but this is much more fun and it is an amphibious vehicle which means it takes you right into the water.

The Seattle Center is the park that you are talking about which is right across the street from The Experience Music Project. I am a local but have never been to the EMP - one of those things that you mean to do but never get around to when you live in a city. I have also heard that this is great by some and so so by others.

Ride the ducks of seattle dot com is a good one. Living in Seattle I see these a lot and everyone seems to be having a great time. It is pretty reasonably price for a fun tour. One that is more expensive, more subdued but also good is Tillicum village dot com especially if you like salmon! Going to the Pike Place market is always good but personally I would stay out of Pioneer square as the homeless are becoming a bigger problem. Have a great time in our beautiful city.

Actually no I wasn't kidding. This is really a fun way to learn about Seattle it gives you a tour with a lot of information to learn about our history. Yes you could go to a museum but this is much more fun and it is an amphibious vehicle which means it takes you right into the water.

The Seattle Center is the park that you are talking about which is right across the street from The Experience Music Project. I am a local but have never been to the EMP - one of those things that you mean to do but never get around to when you live in a city. I have also heard that this is great by some and so so by others.

Oh, OK, I guess to each his own. As for the EMP, it's fun if you're into rocker music, mostly from the past (Jimi Hendrix, etc). I can see that it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

One of the best pieces of advice I saw here (not original with me) was to lay out your suitcase and wallet on the bed.

Then take half the stuff out of your suitcase and double the money in your wallet.

I love this tip! The first cruise I only wore about 1/2 of what I brought. Now with the new luggage requirements I have really cut down. I bring my two favorite skirts, one black and one white. Then I just change the tops throughout the cruise. Bring a lot of singles for tipping for room service. Have a great time!

Archived