John Lawrence's DVD Baltics

Just wanted to add that we have received the DVD and also found it fascinating, have had to rethink excursions. Lots and lots of information to take in so that will keep us busy until we sail in August. Great pictures too.

I would also like to buy the book that others have mentioned but could see no sign of it on the web site, perhaps it will be available on board the ship.

I purchased the book and DVD prior to our 2008 Baltic cruise. It was a wonderful prelude to the cruise itself, and I found the history of the Romanov's a valuable primer, too.

While some logistic details can seem confusing, if you've never visited the locale, it certainly helps to have the background of what you might expect.

Since we were on the Princess cruise, we also had the great fortune to have John lecture on the cruise and narrate our entry into ports. I recommend this dvd/book to the potential Baltic traveler.

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I received my copy of the John Lawrence DVD and we have watched it already on the build up to our Baltic cruise.

It is full of fascinating advice and very useful information when it comes to getting around. Spells out very clearly what you can do on your own (without the need of a guided tour) and we really feel that we will hit the ground running on this vacation. I wish we had this kind of information before every cruise/ holiday.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add my recommendation. We bought the dvd before the cruise and attended the lectures while on board. Invaluable information and a very funny guy. I posted a review of our cruise after trying unsuccesfully to do a 'live from' whilst on board but there was a problem (my fault)so am trying again today

Archived