Best on Norwegian Dawn

dolphinlover2

• 2 months later...

Le Bistro is outstanding (food and service). Consider getting the romance package, which you order prior to the date of the cruise. It includes dinner for two and a bottle of wine at Le Bistro, a bottle of wine and chocholate covered strawberries in your cabin for sale away, and some other benefits. It is definitely a good buy and well worth the cost. When we did it a few years ago, I think the price was $79, but I don't know what the current price is.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I really like Cagney's (we ate there twice), as well as the Italian restaurant (can't seem to remember the name). We found the food in the MDRs to be average, and the buffet was very adequate - they had a good variety.

My favorite foods on the Dawn were:

The rack of lamb-the best that I've ever had.

The truffle oil French Fries in Cagneys.

The delicious Carmelized Pineapple Margartia Tartlet in Salsas-how I would love that recipe.

I hope that they have these items when I sail on the Gem 10/09/10.

Bonni

DW and I got a pleasant surprise one day when the Garden Cafe had an Indian food section with numerous curry and dal (spiced lentils) choices, naan, and a biryani (rice) dish or so. DW being vegetarian and I being a fan of the cuisine, we loved everything offered. The fellows behind the steamtable couldn't believe it when I asked if they had any achar (Indian mixed pickle) which is definitely an acquired taste to Western tastebuds. Perhaps next time they'll put some out for the adventurous palates.

Archived