Train from FCO (Rome Airport) to Civitavecchia

I'm on a cruise from Civitavecchia on 7/12 and will be flying to FCO on 7/11....can we take a train into Rome (without going ALL the way to Termini station) and then get another train to Civitavecchia. "Someone" has suggested going to the Trestavere stop on the Suburban Train FM1 and then getting another train to Civitavecchia.........any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie in Fort Lauderdale

I'm on a cruise from Civitavecchia on 7/12 and will be flying to FCO on 7/11....can we take a train into Rome (without going ALL the way to Termini station) and then get another train to Civitavecchia. "Someone" has suggested going to the Trestavere stop on the Suburban Train FM1 and then getting another train to Civitavecchia.........any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie in Fort Lauderdale

There are connections (fewer) on the route that you mentioned but I think that you might as well go to Termini and then on to Civitavecchia. Connections between the trains are easier (all the same level). Yes, you might save 2-3 euros going the other way but I'm not certain that the hastle of going from one platform to another (up/down stairs) is really worth it. Plus the other way you might wait longer for a train to Civitavecchia.

Archived