Snorkle places please

Star1

Is there any place to snorkle that I can get to by myself? I am good at taking taxis or city buses. I just need a beach and some fish.Do I need to go to someplace like Bannister Island or CoCo View resort to snorkle?

Thanks

If I were you I'd book a snorkel trip with Coral Breeze in Belize.

There are no beaches anywhere near the Tourist Village where the tender lands you.

The snorkel trip included two stops & a local lunch on Caye Caulker.

We have been with them many times & will go again as long as ....

Look up http://www.coralbreeze.com for all of the info needed.

Good luck.

Bill in FL

We were just there on Carnival and wanted something other than a shore excursion with dozens of other people. We found a private 1/2 day snorkel trip on a private boat out of Ambergris Cay, San Pedro with Grumpy and Happy. Google Grumpy & Happy Belize for a phone number and email.

My husband and I are seniors with a son in college & his friend. Our shore time was only 7 hours. We wanted to snorkel Hol Chan Marine Preserve and Shark Ray Alley. Lorne and Jolene Jackson (grumpy & happy) offer a private guided tour of Hol Chan as long as you like and they work around our cruise ship schedules. To get to San Pedro we took the inter-island flight on Tropic Air from Belize City to San Pedro, about a 15 minute flight in a 15 seat Cessna airplane that allows you to view all the islands and reefs from the air-breathtaking! They include airfare in their fee. They can cater their tour to special needs divers and we were so appreciative of their TLC of my husband who has trouble getting into and out of the water. They provided time to "pat" the stingrays, feed huge groupers and led us to the most beautiful part of the reef, away from the crowds of other tour boats. We have snorkeled around the Caribbean and Hawaii and this trip was by far the most extensive trip we've ever had - the best trip we've experienced by far!! They even kept our two college-aged boys enthralled by sharks - what a gift to all of us.

They were very careful to monitor the time so we made our flight back to Belize City in time to catch our boat tender. Delightful people, they had drinks and snacks on board, great stories and made our day one we will remember forever! Best money ever spent on a shore excursion. Highly recommend these tour operators.

Good luck, enjoy!~:p

Archived