Film Shows in Theatre

bobarnie

Films seem to be shown in bars, which is far from ideal. Why, on such a big ship they could not have put in a cinema, as on Oriana I can't work out.

Oh hang on, yes I can, it would have meant one less bar, silly me!!

David.

One week cruise on Ventura end May, we saw three (Slumdog, Taken and MamaMia) in the big theatre,

but it was in the morning/afternoon when there were no shows on.

thanks for that my son will be pleased. Taken is a really good film don't you think ?

During a 2 week Carribean cruise on Ventura, does anyone know how many films they will show in the Theatre as my son is a film nut and prefers to watch them on the big screen.

Ventura was due to have a MUTS wasn't it (Movies under the stars) but for some unknown reason it didn't happen . It is a disgrace that a big FAMILY ship like this doesn't have a proper cinema. I was on Oriana a few weeks ago and it has a lovely proper cinema (Chaplins) - I saw Slumdog millionaire, Marley and Me and the latest Bond film. Films will have changed by the time you go to the Caribbean ofcourse, great on a sea day or after dinner for a change from the theatre.

Ventura was due to have a MUTS wasn't it (Movies under the stars) but for some unknown reason it didn't happen . It is a disgrace that a big FAMILY ship like this doesn't have a proper cinema. I was on Oriana a few weeks ago and it has a lovely proper cinema (Chaplins) - I saw Slumdog millionaire, Marley and Me and the latest Bond film. Films will have changed by the time you go to the Caribbean ofcourse, great on a sea day or after dinner for a change from the theatre.

I totally agree, I can not believe Ventura does not have a dedicated cinema ! Hopefully they will invest in a "MUTS" but I doubt it

I totally agree, I can not believe Ventura does not have a dedicated cinema ! Hopefully they will invest in a "MUTS" but I doubt it

The MUTS idea sounds nice, but wouldn't have been much use on my recent fijord cruise. The weather was OK, but a bit damp and miserable at times so I think they put on an extra film or two to keep us all occupied when we were unable to have a planned day ashore. The Ventura couldn't reach port that day because of wind, so I think the entertainment team were wondering what to do with us :D

Glad we weren't supposed to sit "under the stars", I'd have caught pneumonia!

I can't help thinking that for ships doing cruises in northern waters, a sliding cover over the pool is more use than MUTS. However, in a year or so's time we'll have examples of both and we'll be able to debate the pros and cons: Ventura has the sliding pool cover, Azura will have MUTS.

I also agree that it's a shame that Ventura doesn't have a dedicated cinema. I would suggest an immediate rebuild/change of use for the 'Havana' lounge, which we thought was the most disappointing room in the ship.

Hi,

Having just come off a 14 day trip on Ventura, can confirm that there were up to 3 movies each day, depended on if there was a talk on about either the trips, or Planetarium (recommend you catch this if you can).

Would have been nice for a MUTS, but in Northern climes wouldn't go down well, especially in the case when we went to Stockholm, where it rained all day (though strangely it didn't on the way in or out through the archipelago!).

Scrozuk

Archived