Pictures from recent Coral Breeze Tour

lisaland15

Thanks for sharing the photos. I checked your other albums as well. Cute kids!

Question - Was use of the life preservers (or some other device - ala inflatable ring) REQUIRED?

I do think it is a 45+ minute (or more) boat ride each way, no matter which tour you use {including ship's tours I suspect} other than flying and catching a local tour, I suppose).

zydecocruiser--I'm not sure. I think for the coral gardens everyone needed to wear them--you swam out pretty far (it was deep) and were gone for a while.

It was only 5-6 ft. where the sharks/rays were, and lifevests were optional there. At first, my 4'8", 9 yr. old didn't take one, then decided he wanted it. He's a good swimmer, but not used to sustaining himself up in the water. He's used to pool settings or beach-like areas where he can swim to the side ledges or to shallower water to touch the ground.

It took us about an hour each way to/from Caye Caulker.

Thanks (about the kids)! :)

Carbon--Check out this thread with a couple of reviews (including mine) about our tour:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106526

Lisa, how did your tour go? did you have any of the problems that other people have been posting about? Was the boat too full? Did you have problems getting back to ship on time? I am signed up with Coral Breezes for week between Christmas and New Years and am very nervous about it given the recent negative posts. Do you think I should cancel or was your trip OK?

tricialee--For the water pictures, we just used an disposable underwater camera from Fuji that I got at Walmart. We been very happy with the results, except for a few pictures that the water looked green/odd (you can see them in the "Paradise Beach" album in the Webshots (pic "pb1" and "pb2")).

My digital camera is a Kodak DX 6490 that has a 10X optical zoom.

We'll probably stick to disposables. I'm too paranoid about the housing accidentally leaking. :)

PegMcNeill@aol.com --I can't say what to do. Coral Breeze had some wonderful reviews or we wouldn't have booked with them. Who's to say that the ship tour (or others) would have been tons better? Maybe discuss your concerns with them. Like another poster said--"there will be good days and there will be bad days."

I felt our boat was too crowded--45 passengers plus crew.

We arrived back at 3:45pm and our last tender was at 4:15pm.

Archived