Star Princess May 31st review

tigerdadky

I want to thank both folks who posted reviews here, thank you for your time and effort.

It's so very interesting to read two opposite reviews on the same ship on the same cruise.

For what it is worth, we were on that cruise and, except for missing the glacier, had a wonderful time. We were two who had done the trip before and four who had never cruised or visited Alaska before.

Also on the May 31st cruise on Star. 5th Alaskan cruise on Princess and best one to date. Along with the beautiful weather, we found the crew and service to be wonderful. Without exception, everyone we had contact with was friendly and professional. Room steward was great - asked what our likes were and exceeded them. We chose anytime dining in Capri dining room and made reservations most nights so we could get to the shows we wanted to see. Had 3 different sets of waiters, all great and was impressed that they remembered our names, even when seeing them at breakfast at the buffet. Only downside as mentioned was the glacier but this was the only time of the 5 that we missed seeing a glacier up close. So pleased with cruise and balcony stateroom on Caribe deck that we placed a future cruise credit and looking forward to a return trip......

I want to thank both folks who posted reviews here, thank you for your time and effort.

It's so very interesting to read two opposite reviews on the same ship on the same cruise.

Tigerdadky.....maybe I missed something? Did you ever elaborate on the dining rooms and your experiences?

Thanks, Chuck

We had anytime dining and it was great. Never had any trrouble getting a table and our service was wonderful. The food was good, had crab legs on the first formal night and lobster the second formal night. THe crab legs were good the lobster tail chewy but the claws were great. No complaints here on the food or the service.

We had anytime dining and it was great. Never had any trrouble getting a table and our service was wonderful. The food was good, had crab legs on the first formal night and lobster the second formal night. THe crab legs were good the lobster tail chewy but the claws were great. No complaints here on the food or the service.

First thanks for taking the time for posting review and comments. Sounds like it was a great time. I can't wait to go with my family in July.

Just curious when was the formal nights? At sea days?

That crab leg dinner sounds like it is not to be missed, that was on the first formal night?

thanks

First thanks for taking the time for posting review and comments. Sounds like it was a great time. I can't wait to go with my family in July.

Just curious when was the formal nights? At sea days?

That crab leg dinner sounds like it is not to be missed, that was on the first formal night?

thanks

Yes the formal nights are the sea days, best of all the crab legs are split open so all you have to do is pull the meat out, awesome.

Archived