OMG 1st Cruise leaves in 2 days lil more help and BIG THANKS!

BethyAnn

Ok first of OMG can't beleive this is happening. We have wanted to cruise for years and even get to take the kids.

Have a couple more last minute questions please guys.

I got an adapter that has 3 plugs would that work or should I just get a power strip?

I saw alot of 'juice' posts but still not sure if we can bring just a few small bottles of cran juice? ( I drink like no tomorrow)

No problem bringing corkscrew right? Should we pack it and wine in cked luggage?

Oh for anyone interested...I found out T-mobile charges 4.99 a minute on board! UGH will be calling from catalina and back at port lol!

Lastly, I dont think I will ever be able to thank all of you enough for your kind words, great helpful hints and most important FRIENDSHIP! I hope someday I get to meet you for a big hug.

These boards ROCK and so do its members...god bless and wish me bon voyage WOOHOOO!

I would recommend a power strip, as most cabins only have one plug near the vanity area ... and another on the floor ... they do allow you to bring a small ice chest 12x12 for soft drinks, I would imagine juice would fall into that category ... I leave in 3 DAYS on Splendor/Goin' to Canada cruise ... 7 days and counting ... these boards have been so helpful, even though I've cruised before.

Enjoy every minute ... and be sure to pick up a deck plan at the purser's desk immediately ... I find I have spent half of my cruise trying to figure out where I am ... Have a wonderful time!

Pam

Ok first of OMG can't beleive this is happening. We have wanted to cruise for years and even get to take the kids.

I got an adapter that has 3 plugs would that work or should I just get a power strip?

Depends on how much you have to plug in. I have been fine with this type of adapter.

I saw alot of 'juice' posts but still not sure if we can bring just a few small bottles of cran juice? ( I drink like no tomorrow)

You can bring a "small" amount of non-alcoholic beverages. Like maybe a couple of six packs.

No problem bringing corkscrew right? Should we pack it and wine in cked luggage?

Pack the corkscrew in your carry on. It will definitely be looked at and you want to be there. Pack it next to the wine.

Oh for anyone interested...I found out T-mobile charges 4.99 a minute on board! UGH will be calling from catalina and back at port lol!

Lastly, I dont think I will ever be able to thank all of you enough for your kind words, great helpful hints and most important FRIENDSHIP! I hope someday I get to meet you for a big hug.

You're always welcome. Be sure to write a review when you get back.

These boards ROCK and so do its members...god bless and wish me bon voyage WOOHOOO!

Bon Voyage!!:)

Thanks Pam! I am sure we'll have a blast. We just have to after all the work mom here has put into it LOL.

Another? if you dont mind....do you check your cooler or carry on? Or if both which do you suggest?

Have a BLAST on your trip. Make sure you post when you get back will be anxious to hear!

these boards are invaulabe weath of information .. I would sujest one thing... Print out anything that you think you might forget from the boards ...

ohh and my favorite .. pick up a couple decks of cards while onboard!

Corkscrew should not be a prodblem ant the powerstrip is the best idea more slots and a little safer then the 3 plug thing and yes the T-Mobile price is correct so make sure to turn that thin off 2 min cost me $17 with the internatonl fee and other charges have fun u will be hooked.:o

how many plugs do you need? you can consider cell chargers (but why, if you're not gonna use it), battery chargers (but most cam batteries last a long while anyway), laptop cord (if relevant, for most, no), etc. and 'in-use' stuff like hair dryers, shavers, etc. really - if you think about it - you don't use most of that stuff.

and it depends on the ship too. my cabin on destiny had 3 outlets. not one. i had no use for a 3 plug adapter, let alone a power strip

bring as much juice as you want. within reason - that's what they say - which doesn't mean anything, but if it's for personal consumption, i can't imagine you'd bring that much. a few small bottles - likely no problem. some people bring on a few 24pks of water or soda.

corkscrew in checked luggage. i'd put the wine in your carry on. you're allowed to bring on wine, so as long as you're not trying to carry on a case with you - bring it carry on. checked luggage handling can be not always 'gentle'. if you check it, make sure you get bags, etc. to prep it for rough handling.

make sure you turn off your phone when you leave port. a few miles out, and normal service will drop. be careful about what you do if you have 'international roaming' enabled on your phone.

These boards ROCK and so do its members...

agreed :cool:

god bless and wish me bon voyage WOOHOOO!

see my responses above. you're gonna have a blast. bon voyage! :D

BethyAnn, have a wonderful cruise. I don't know where you live, but I live in Southern California and our normal June gloom has turned into a fine mist sometimes. Do bring a windbreaker if you have one, and maybe something warm. Have a wonderful trip! Elena:)

Also remember to CHECK your phone before making calls at port to make sure it's working normally. We've had some threads over the years of people getting charged for using the ship's towers or whatever while still IN port. Be careful! :)

put the corkscrew in your checked luggage, especially if it the type with a knife on it for cutting the foil. knives are considered weopons.

DO NOT PACK THE POWER STRIP NEXT TO THE WINE BOTTLE, LOOKS LIKE A BOMB ON THE XRAY MACHINES. I know this from the little note I had in my luggage coming home from our last cruise.

Thanks Pam! I am sure we'll have a blast. We just have to after all the work mom here has put into it LOL.

Another? if you dont mind....do you check your cooler or carry on? Or if both which do you suggest?

Have a BLAST on your trip. Make sure you post when you get back will be anxious to hear!

Don't check your carryon. That is where you need to put your valuables, prescription meds, clothes that you may want to change into for dinner as your luggage may not arrive at the stateroom until after dinner, and your bathing suit if you want to go to the pool. Don't forget to pack insulated mugs for coffee/iced tea, etc. The drink servers don't bother you as much if you are already carrrying a drink. Hope you have a great cruise!

I know you are going on a sunny vaca and all you can think of is the warm sunny weather when packing but bring a light zip sweat jacket with you, I found the air on the ship to be chilly at times. Have a great time!!!:o

Yes amazed at all the help and wonderful responses.

going to run a few last minute errands today and get the toesies done lol.

You all are the best!

Forgot who said this but..in ref to bringing on clothes for dinner in carryon, if we are all wearing either jeans/shorts and decent tops it that good enough for dinner? Am trying to not carry on too much as worried about having to lug it around. In that respect when can I expect to get into room (just a guesstimate time would be great) if its not to long after boarding will have dd bring a carryon also.

HUGS!!!!

Here's a thought...

I don't know if were bringing a laptop... but in regards to your cellphone / making calls aboard the ship... one option is to use Skype.

All you need is a laptop with a microphone...(most do these days)... and an internet connection.

I used it while I was abroad... paid $12.99 for the month (international calling plan)...

I always pack a power strip.

Thanks Mudpie! So DONT put wine in checked luggage? I was so going to do that.

Will be sure to take note for a review!

Not sure if this was answered, but we always put our wine in our checked luggage because we get to the ship EARLY, and don't want to lug it around with us until our room is ready. We bubble wrap it and put it in big 2 gal ziplocs, which then serve many purposes later.

Also, we always make sure and notify our credit/debit card company(s) before we leave so they can flag our account in case we make purchases from foreign countires. Some kind of security/fraud awareness thing.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise...

Good point... definately call your CC's...

Amex especially. My mother in law bought some jewelry in St. Thomas on one of her cruises, and I started getting fraud alert emails from them (She doesn't have an email... so they come to me)...

Yes amazed at all the help and wonderful responses.

going to run a few last minute errands today and get the toesies done lol.

You all are the best!

Forgot who said this but..in ref to bringing on clothes for dinner in carryon, if we are all wearing either jeans/shorts and decent tops it that good enough for dinner? Am trying to not carry on too much as worried about having to lug it around. In that respect when can I expect to get into room (just a guesstimate time would be great) if its not to long after boarding will have dd bring a carryon also.

HUGS!!!!

First night's dinner is pretty much "come as you are" and some people will scare you with what they have on!:eek: Personally, other people's attire is not going to make or break my cruise. The DH and I wore to dinner what we wore to embark (and fly, but that is another story!).

Usually, the rooms open between 1 and 1:30. Sometimes the stewards will allow you to store your luggage if you get there early, but we didn't want to bother them and start off on the wrong foot. Depending on what time you board, could be hours until they open. Unfortunately, we boarded well after they were open on our first cruise (refer to the flying issue above) so we went directly there and dumped all our stuff.

Just to clarify, because I may have missed it. If you are flying in with wine, that needs to be in your checked bag, can't bring liquids onto the plane! But if you are talking about what to do with it to embark, then yes, definitely in your carry-on. You are allowed one bottle per adult.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm so jealous, we have better than 4 months to go!

Hey Bethy, can't wait for your review.

You can carry on 2 bottles of wine (we carried on two bottles each with no problem) And you absolutely can bring your corkscrew, but if you happen to forget it, the bartender at your friendly bar will open it for you for a little tip.

I usually pack a whole small suitcase with a case of bottled water, I'm sure there would be no problem in bringing some cranberry juice, lots of people also talk about taking cases of soda.

If you don't want to tote cranberry juice you can get it at the bar with a soda card if you plan on buying one of those.

I prefer to have a power strip with a surge stopper in it, don't want to blow up any of my electronics if they get a surge.

Hope you have an awesome trip.

Carole

Archived