Beaches or Ruins

cathcruiser

The best beach in Cozumel (in my opinion) is Paradise Beach. Cab fare from your pier will be $12-13 each way for up to 4 passengers. There are both cars and vans for taxis. The vans generally cost double the fare of a car plus $2, although it is sometimes negotiable.

The best ruins in Cozumel are San Gervasio. The cab fare (round trip, waiting for you) is $45. They have English speaking guides at the ruins.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The $45 is just the cab fare for up to 4 passengers, round trip. The entrance fee to San Gervasio is about $5 per person.

Thanks.

I really wanted to see some Mayan architecture, but when all the literature for San Gervasio starts out with the word "unimpressive", it loses it's allure. Conquest won't be in port long enough to make the trip out to Playa del Carmen or Chichen Itza :(

I suppose I could just pose for pictures with the replicas at Chankanaab, my friends won't know the difference (but I will).

Archived