PB or Dolphin Swim??

MoKin

Go to the following link to see the times for the dolphin swim. I booked my wife and 2 daughters for the sea lion swim through this site and Sherry was very easy to work with.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/tours/dolphindiscovery/index.html#Packages

We are planning to go to PB in the morning and then part of my family will be doing the sea lion swim in the afternoon while my son and son take a Discover Scuba course in town.

If you've ever wanted to Scuba Dive Chakanaab Park makes it easy. You could swim with the dolphins in the morning and take a dive in the afternoon. The Discover Scuba course was $50 when I was there in 2003 and includes the class and all the needed gear.

I'm sure whatever you do that you'll have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Joni2001- Just FYI there has been a change in scheduling and the 3:30pm Royal Swim is now at 3:00pm....so you need to check in by 2:30pm now. (just so you're not late)

DukeVBall - There are different dolphin activities:

The Encounter lasts approx 45 minutes

The Snorkel/Swim Adventure and the Royal Swim last about 1 hour.

So you could easily go to PB in the morning and then go to Chankanaab later in the day to do the dolphin activity. Chankanaab closes at 5pm and the latest dolphin activities are at 3:00pm.

Hope this helps.

PS... Paradise Beach and Chankanaab Park are about a 10 minute taxi ride from each other.

My kids and I were at Cozumel last week. My younger son and I did the encounter at 2:30 and then older kids did the royal swim at 3:30. BTW, the other poster was right, the times are different then what we were told on our reservation. I would have loved to have gone to PB, but by the time the older kids did the Royal Swim it was 5:00 and our ship was leaving at 6:30 or 7:00- can't remember which one. We chose to shop in the morning for just a couple of hours, that would have been the only time to go to PB and with hindsight, that's what we should have done. Shopping in Cozumel was pretty stressful because all of the shop owners and workers press you to buy their wares if you either 1) walk by or 2) glance at an item for more then a second. The Dolphin discovery was really fun. I was too much of a chicken to do the royal swim but my kids and their cousins that joined them had a wonderful time. The encounter was just my speed - a touch, a little kiss, a pretend dance and a brief lecture. hmmm, sounds like a couple of dates I had in the distant past!

I have two sons, 11 and 17. Oldest one did the royal swim and youngest wishes he had done it. There were a few young kids doing the encounter with our group. The youngest one looked about two. She had one of those bathing suits with the built in floaties which was pretty bulky underneath the mandatory life jackets. It seemed very safe for all the little kids. The trainer holds the belt on the back of the life jackets while each person does the kiss/dance/feed with the dolphin. I'd recommend it to a person of any age. The only tricky part is climbing up and down a metal ladder into the water but something that I think any Mom could do, even carrying a child.

I was suprised that they actually encouraged family members to come out and take pictures of the participants, but they did! They have two photographers as well as a videographer capturing the Kodak moments, but my two brother in laws and one sister in law all were invited to come and take pictures right on the pier next to the paid photographers. We ended up buying a picture of each of the kids but I know my relatives will have their pictures for me as well. They also offer a very nice video complete with music but at $49 we thought it was a little pricey.

Archived