Passport question!!

robdyn

Does anyone have a problem cashing traveller's cheques without a passport. I know that when we travel to Belize and sometimes even Mexico, they need your passport # on the back of cheques. Sometimes they want to see it. Even the banks in Belize will not cash traveller's cheques without a passport.

I am Canadian and must travel with a passport to the US, although not necessarily to any of the islands. I will be travelling in the Eastern Car. next Jan. on the Freedom. Is it really true that they take a Cdn. passport on the ship and don't return them until you get off. What good is that if you need it for the above.

Does anyone have a problem cashing traveller's cheques without a passport. I know that when we travel to Belize and sometimes even Mexico, they need your passport # on the back of cheques. Sometimes they want to see it. Even the banks in Belize will not cash traveller's cheques without a passport.

I am Canadian and must travel with a passport to the US, although not necessarily to any of the islands. I will be travelling in the Eastern Car. next Jan. on the Freedom. Is it really true that they take a Cdn. passport on the ship and don't return them until you get off. What good is that if you need it for the above.

I would get those checks cashed at the Purser's desk. I've heard many of the ports are not accepting them as payment due to potential fraud and the hassle of accepting them. We get ours cashed at the Purser's desk as we need them and keep it in our safe until we are ready to go into port. It's much easier than trying to find a place that will accept them.

Archived