Just off the Pride yesterday....

We actually used our AAA card with a magnetic strip on the back and just hid it in the room where we knew it was so any one from our group could access it. Worked out perfectly and never carried anything but our sign and sail card with us outside of the room.

We were on this sailing as well and I just used my Sail and Sign card. I agree that the problem with using the same card is an issue, but since we had a connecting room with our kids, I used a safe in one cabin with my card and my wife used the safe in the other with her card.

Eric813

Future Cruises -1

Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009

Past Cruises - 10

Carnival Pride (CCL) - June 6-13, 2009

Holiday (CCL) - March 3-8, 2007

Jewel (NCL) - July 2-9, 2006

Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005

Imagination (CCL) - June 12-17, 2000

Inspiration (CCL) - July 14-21, 1996

Britanis (Chandris) - December 1985

Rhapsody (Paquet) - December 1983

Festival (CCL) - December 18-25, 1982

Norway (NCL) - December 1980

Hi! What time did the shore exursion desk open to book the cabanas?? We are thinking of trying to get one on the Pride in July! Thanks!

I don't know the exact time, but I imagine it is open as soon as they let people start boarding. We got on board around 2:30-ish, folks started boarding around 1:30-ish I believe, and there were only 4 left by the time I got to the counter. I think I saw someone else post that the cabanas were sold out around 3:00, which I totally believe. So if you want one, you should try to get there early and try to be one of the first ones on board.

Maria

You will really enjoy it, the dolpins are just amazing. Obviously, you wear bathing suits, but I must warn you, the trainers will tell you that you get wet during the experience. You won't get just wet, you will get drenched! Besides the time you are in the water petting the dolphins, there are times we are sitting around the platform, feet dangling in the water and the dolphins will swim by and splash, and it is like a tidal wave. Those things weight over 400 pounds each, so they are capable of making a huge wave. My son had a video camera, and when the trainers gave the warning that we would get wet, he wrapped it in a towel and put it behind him. After the dolphins did their thing, the towel was soaked! We were worried the camera was damaged, but it still works. Whew!

Thanks for letting me know about how wet you get - will be sure to stick with a water proof camera for this excursion!

We were lucky to be on the 14-day repositioning cruise on the Pride---LA through the Panama Canal ending in Miami----this past March. What a wonderful experience!

I thought this ship was magnificent--and so elegant!

Anyone cruising soon on the Pride---make sure you really walk all around this ship. There are areas like the Solarium---an absolutely beautiful, quiet place to sit and talk, read, etc. Great place for photos!

Archived