One more London theater question

I know there are several postings related to buying London theater tickets, but we have a rather unique situation: We really want to see Billy Elliott. The only day we can see it is the matinee on the day we return from our cruise out of Harwich. What are the chances of getting to the half price booth in Leicester Square in time to get tickets before the show starts at 2:30? Would we be better off buying the tickets in advance, or would there likely be discounted tickets at the door? The discount sites don't seem to tell you where you'll be sitting, and the full price sites are quite expensive!! - And, by the way, we leave for the cruise this week-end, so we're obviously doing all this last minute!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

If this is a once in a life time vacation for you and you family, why would you want to take a chance like that:rolleyes:? So many things can go wrong at the last minute. I know they can be expensive but if you really want to see the play in London (how cool is that?) buy them in advance and have a great time:D!

Hi

we made the experience, that you will get the tickets at lastminute.com for the same price in advance than at the half price ticket booth.

So - if you know date and show - book in advance.

You don´t know, if they have tickets for the show same day at the ticket booth.

Wendy

I wouldn't say cheap skates...we really don't know how important the tickets are to her? Maybe, to her they are not worth the full price or maybe she has come to the end of her budget? I guess any way you look at it she is just trying to save a buck like the rest of us in this world (Londons not cheap). Anyway "Fishinglady" I was to quick to jump and say to just buy them I was wrong to do that. I hope you find them and really enjoy yourself!!!

Have a great cruise...looking foward to mine.

Thanks DuBoisen for the kind thoughts! You're right - we're trying to do as much as we can while keeping some small semblance of a budget, given that I just retired this year! We're actually seeing Wicked the same day, in the evening, and paid full price for those tx. So we decided to try to economize on the second show, especially as the dollar's been sliding again!! Based on what Wendy said, we'd be smart to buy ahead from Lastminute.com, then we won't have to worry or rush.... No matter what, I'm sure it will all be wonderful!

I just checked TKTs booth website and Billy Elliot tix were available for matinee and evening shows today for 38 pounds.

We were in London last month and TKTs tix for Billy Elliot were also available - but it varies from day to day. Weekends are the toughest tix to get - especially Sat. evening.

Make sure you go to the genuine TKTs booth in the park and not one of the many store fronts claiming to be "official" half-price ticket outlets.

Good luck

Archived