Where to take a taxi?

ArmyWife82490

My DH is deadset on just jumping in a taxi and going somewhere. Are there any recommendations as to where to go and approximately how much? TIA!
This is one place where you really need to book something.

There isn't much to do or places to go, in or around town. You really need to go to the cayes. If he is deadset on takeing a taxi you need to make it a water taxi.

You can go to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye via water taxi. I don't know if there are any resorts or such on the mainland, but you might google and find somethig.

My DH is deadset on just jumping in a taxi and going somewhere. Are there any recommendations as to where to go and approximately how much? TIA!

I don't want to break the rules, so google private driver Belize City. One of the first sites in their add has a paragraph about their private driver in Belize City with her email address and phone number. I cannot recommend this site or the driver. I do not have the name of the driver we use in Belize City, but we pay I believe 20 US/hour. If we stop for lunch, which is the usual, then we pay for the driver's lunch as well. Depending on the day you are there, I would hire a private driver for a couple of hours, go on the Old Belize jail tour, the Belize Museum, Old Belize, and the co-op where Belizeans sell their art. The jail and museum are not open on Saturday. I believe the co-op has limited Saturday hours, but the driver would know that. Belize City is very interesting, but I would not want to go too many places in the city without a private driver parking the car and knowing where to go. The good at Old Belize is excellent, plus there is a little museum there that shows how Belize came to be a productive nation of molasses and wood. I believe another name for Old Belize is Cucumber Beach.

Have a great time and enjoy your day.

Janice

Archived