Zip Line Tour in either Juneau or Ketchikan

gippy

Wife & I going on the Golden first week of August. Looking at both of these tours, and am wondering which one is better? Or, are they pretty much the same? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks....

Wife & I going on the Golden first week of August. Looking at both of these tours, and am wondering which one is better? Or, are they pretty much the same? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks....

I'm curious about the comparison between these 2 as well. Has anyone taken both?

My grown kids took the one in Ketchikan and absolutely loved it - but here is a caveat to that: It rains A LOT in Ketchikan. They did get soaking wet. That's not to say it won't rain in Juneau either, but just be forewarned to EXPECT rain in Ketchikan.

We did the Rainforest Canopy Zipline in Ketchikan a little less than three weeks ago. Would you believe we worked up a considerable sweat.

Ketchikan was undergoing a heatwave. Not quite people passing out in the streets heatwave, but hot nonetheless.......and being from Texas, we know heat.

We thoroughly enjoyed the zipline there. After the initial discomfort of being perched 135 feet above the forest floor, we soon were zipping along from station to station (7 zips, longest was 750 feet).

However, if you're nervous with heights, you may want to avoid this tour.

I have done the Canopy Adventures in Ketchikan twice...and it is amazing...have yet to do the one in Juneau...it seems to run at the same time as Harv & Marv's so I'll go whale watching...but that always leaves time to do Ketchikan again!!!! You'll love it.

Did the one in Juneau last week & they have a total of 9 zip lines, 2 suspension bridges & a 40ft rappel off the stand at the end. For me, the zip lines were fine, the rappeling was okay, but those 2 suspension bridges make my palms sweat just thinking about it! :eek: I don't regret going & it was an awesome excursion with stunning views & history, but those two bridges were unnerving.

Archived