dress code

silver service

...and the formal is as well observed on a weekender as it is on a longer cruise...nearly all the men wore tux, the remaining a suit and tie.

There will be the usual 'Captains aboard welcome party' and gala dinner menu.

You don't have to carry on your luggage Tom, there is the option too, but porters are there by the ship as per a longer cruise. We always have our luggage put into the ship as per longer cruise, and leave it outside the cabin the night before to be collected long with about 70% of the passengers.

We always have our luggage put into the ship as per longer cruise, and leave it outside the cabin the night before to be collected long with about 70% of the passengers.

Must get rather cramped in the baggage hold. I suppose this is why the public rooms thin out after midnight.

thankyou everyone! i will be needing that bow tie then! is there anything to see in zeebrugge? regards, mike.:)

Mike

I usually take the coach to Bruges, there is a afternoon trip 12.30-5pm ish, Gives 4 hrs or so in the lovely town. Or there will be a FREE shuttle service to another town called Blakenburg, which I've heard is very nice too. Last year there was a day trip to Brussels on offer as well.

thankyou very much everyone, liked the joke from the american, having

70% of the passengers stored with their baggage!! would be very crampted i am sure. regards, mike.:D

Mike,

Do not forget, NYC is full of people from all over the world. But you are correct, I am a born and bred U.S. citizen, albiet with roots in Scotland, Ireland (both parts), England and Wales (that's right, my ancestors were a subversive lot, got up to all sorts of inter-tribal shenanigans:D).

The next time Stopgo gets on me for being "disruptive," I hope you will come to my aid. I say, leave the advice to others, I'll just try to bring a wee smile every now and again.;)

Piano

PianoMan, I think you have frightened off Stropgo!!

Perhaps someone pushed her overboard?

I bet there were a few people that would pay for that privilege

:D

Doubt she was pushed - probably was sitting in a lounger that caught the eye of some roving Chavs!:eek::D Either that or she is actually an alternative persona of Sir Martin, who seems to have gone off somewhere too!

Archived