Reef Bottom Fishing in Belize

sexysmart112

I was wondering Has anyone done the Reef Bottom Fishing in Belize for the shore excursion. Does anyone have any info on it. Pros, cons any inf at all is it worth it, do you catch anything? Let me know anything at all would be greatly appreciated...Carnival Glory July 11,2009

Hi, welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Your other thread about this got moved to the Port of Call section of the board, and this one will probably get moved there also or deleted since it is a duplicate.

Unfortunately, no one has answered on the other one either, but give it a little time.

You might try going over to the Belize Port of Call board and maybe you can find some info already posted there about the Reef Bottom Fishing excursion. Try a search in that Belize section of the board. :)

Good luck, and again....welcome! :)

We did the bottom fishing in Belize and had a great time. We did catch quite a few fish. Depending on which boat you are on, the captain either keeps the catch or they donate it to a local orphanage which is what happened on our trip.

We did the Reef Bottom Fishing in Belize in January. I was not at all impressed with the operation. When we boarded, the captain of the boat announced that we wouldn't catch any fish that day. He said the tides were not right and catching fish wasn't likely. He was right. We were out there for hours, changed locations repeatedly and there were probably 8 fish caught the entire time. He just kept saying, "That's why they call it fishing and not catching!" True enough. But if you know before you even load the boat that no one is going to catch fish, why run the excursion? Perhaps they have different tour operators, but our boat was WAY over crowded. They probably had 40 people crammed onto the boat. Everyone stood shoulder-to-shoulder around the entire perimeter of the boat. You were so tight you couldn't turn to have your hook baited without hitting the person next to you.

I'm usually not one to complain about stuff. After living in the Caribbean for three years and nine cruises since, I get the laid back attitude and way things go. But this is the one excursion I was really disappointed in.

As for tipping, generally on fishing trips I'll go with $10 for a great trip and $5 for an average trip. On this particular trip we tipped nothing.

Archived