Grakall Line Trolley - Tronheim Norway

Is it easy to do the Grakall line trolley independently? Can it be reached easily from port? Is it worth doing? Anyone knows how much it costs?

I am still debating whether to take the ships's tour or go independently. My fear is that if it's a long walk, then it's not suitable for my 87 year old dad and also worry that the weather might not be favourable. I'm leaning more towards the ships's tour for peace of mind but want to see if it's doable independently.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gråkallen trolley starts about two blocks away from the town square, which is located in the centre of Trondheim. (The tourist office is also located in the town square.) The port is right north of the town square, and it takes about 20-25 minutes to walk from the pier. It's easy to walk to the city centre from the pier, but you could also take a taxi from the pier, or take bus number 46 straight to the town square. If you decide to take the bus, the ticket is 30 NOK per person.

The trolley goes from St. Olavs Gt to Lian, which is a place in Bymarka, a little south of the centre of the town. Bymarka is the recreational area in Trondheim, so the area is really beautiful, and the trip is very scenic as well. It takes about 22 minutes to get up to Lian, and then you can choose between getting off the trolley and wander around a bit, or take the trolley back to the city again. The trolley is also 30 NOK. Personally, I think it's a wonderful and easy way to see the city and its surroundings. :)

Archived