Best ship for youth (diamond, coral, sapphire)

rsingleton

I'm looking to hear from travelers what is the best ship for an alaska southbound cruise traveling with a 9 yr old.

I know you pick an alaska cruise for the itinerary, but they all go to the exact same places, so I'm looking to see which ship would be better for a child (better kids club, better entertainment, etc.)

The options are the sapphire, diamond and coral

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Although, my youngest will be 14 yrs old. We've only been on RCCL before, so I don't really know too much about what Princess offers. I'm trying to decide between the Golden and the Sapphire in early June 2010. The Golden has just be refurbished. I know it has the MUTS now. Then I seen where you can go somewhere on the ship, watch the scenery while they serve you hot chocolate and they give you blankets to warm up. I thought my kids would like that too.

When are you thinking about sailing?

Actually trying to book a cruise this week that departs next month. We've been on RCCL, Carnival and Disney.. So I have no idea about Princess.

I also forgot to mention that I would want a ship with retractable dome so she can swim if it's cold. Not sure if they all have that or not. But that would be a good feature.

All 3 of those ships have the retractable/covered pool. Actually the only princess ship that does not have a covered pool is the Caribbean Princess.

Now that I think about what I have said... I believe the 3 ex-R ships don't have covered pools either.

Archived