Best Place to Snorkel in Cozumel?

Beerse

Any suggestions on the best place to snorkel? Cruising Carnival Valor September 13 and interested in snorkeling the reef? Terrified of sharks though.

Best snorkeling reefs are Columbia and Palancar. Best shore snorkeling is at Dzul-Ha. The only sharks you might see would be nurse sharks dozing down in a cave. They're no problem, you'd actually have to shove your arm into it's mouth and bang him on the head to get him to bite ya, lol!

You rarely see any other type of shark on the west side of the island, maybe some reef sharks way down below... The big guys (Hammerheads and Bulls) stay on the other side of the island. Have fun!

Can we still arrange for a snorkel excursion pick up off of the pier at PB? We have a large group planning to sail...we did this 3 yrs ago and it worked out great. The whole group went to PB and then some were able to go out in the boat to snorkel without a lot of worry about where to meet etc.

Can we still arrange for a snorkel excursion pick up off of the pier at PB? We have a large group planning to sail...we did this 3 yrs ago and it worked out great. The whole group went to PB and then some were able to go out in the boat to snorkel without a lot of worry about where to meet etc.

Yup!

Hi Yvette,

We just returned from Cozumel and Paradise Beach.

Paradise Beach ads run frequently on the top of the cc board (click on the ad), just e mail them through their website! We did the snorkeling and it was great!

Enjoy - make sure you have a coco loco at the bar!! : ) food & service is great, extra clean bathrooms!!

Any additional questions, please post...

There was not a sting ray option on the snorkel tour. There is some kind of sting ray attraction closer to the downtown area. They are however in a penned in area... not like the the Caymans where they are in the open ocean

The cost of the trip is $50 per person. Which includes fruit, bottled water and the great guides. ALso includes the equipment and the marine park fee. We started from the pier (near cruise ships) and then you are dropped off at Paradise Beach when you are done. I think it took about 3 hours... very worth the money. Our guide pointed out a nurse shark in a little cavish area, saw some turtles, a large grouper and I believe a parrotfish. There were some other fish but I forget the names (maybe it was the tequila!)

I really can't compare this snorkel trips to others because I have not done any others.

Hope this helps.

Archived