Phone number to reach cruisers

I could be wrong, and god knows if I am plenty will correct me...

But I have always given family the company's telephone # (1.888.CARNIVAL) with the ship name and sail date.

If there is an emergency, they will be able to put them through to the ship.

I also tell family, if someone is not dead or circling the drain, it is not an emergency and do not call:D

We're going on the Pride next week and I want to leave an emergency number in case we need to be reached (for family emergencies only). Does anyone know?

We're going on the Pride next week and I want to leave an emergency number in case we need to be reached (for family emergencies only). Does anyone know?

From Carnival's FAQs:

Can I receive phone calls onboard?spacer.gifFriends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

There is no reason for them to pay almost $10 a minute. Call the toll free # and they will patch you through for free if it's a real emergency.

Oh my, I hope you are correct! But if they are willing to patch people through for free, then why would they post the information about the $10 charge in the FAQs? I guess they do that to prevent all kinds of calls coming in for virtually every passenger. But, still, why would they patch someone through for free, when they *say* they charge?

Archived